• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Writing about your passion

I was just glad that blogging came into fore because it gives writers the opportunity to publish their writings. My first blog, naturally is about my favorite genre of stories - science fiction. I still remember my jubilation when the counter registered 10 viewers on my first day of publication but that's due to my promotional activities, waheehee. At the time, email was still a potent tool.

But now that writings sites give you the opportunity to earn, my passion is losing over the potential money that I could earn. It's been a long while since I had updated my blog.

I also have to agree with you. I loving having a blog becuase then I'm able to write about something that I love. I mean don't get me wrong I love posting on forums, but it's not the same. People come to your blog just so that they can hear what you have to say. It's a nice feeling, I do have to say. That is one reason that I started to blog.

Doc Moose

I can sympathize with you you on this one. I, too, once had a blog. I was inspired to write articles back then. But as time went by, traffic only came in trickles that there was no improvement even how hard I did SEO by following the advise of the experts. It was in this area where I failed miserably. I didn't know how to drive traffic to my site.

I used to have a blog. I joined this site that paid you to write about pretty much anything. I forgot the name. It was years ago, but maybe I will go back to having a blog again. What's the best blogging site out there? (That you also can make money with of course)

I used to have a blog. I joined this site that paid you to write about pretty much anything. I forgot the name. It was years ago, but maybe I will go back to having a blog again. What's the best blogging site out there? (That you also can make money with of course)
My blog is also stagnant but I would not forget it because I maintain a list of what I need to remember like email addresses and passwords, blog names and passwords, etc. It is a good practice to do that as against the traditional advice not to write your password and just try to remember. But I have encountered so many people who have that habit of forgetting their password. So writing them down would be a big help if you have partial amnesia, waheehee.

My blog is also stagnant but I would not forget it because I maintain a list of what I need to remember like email addresses and passwords, blog names and passwords, etc. It is a good practice to do that as against the traditional advice not to write your password and just try to remember. But I have encountered so many people who have that habit of forgetting their password. So writing them down would be a big help if you have partial amnesia, waheehee.
I meant that I forgot the name of the website, not my username or password. My username and password are always the same for any website that I join so I do not forget them, but you didn't answer the part about which site is the best blogging site out there? About.com blogger.com or something else maybe? In your opinion, Which one is best?

I meant that I forgot the name of the website, not my username or password. My username and password are always the same for any website that I join so I do not forget them, but you didn't answer the part about which site is the best blogging site out there? About.com blogger.com or something else maybe? In your opinion, Which one is best?
I have my blog in Blogger.com. So if you have forgotten all about your old blog then maybe you can create an account with Blogger.com and post your first blog to test it. When it looks okay then you can create an account with Google Adsense and copy/paste the ad code of Adsense into your blog (inside Blogger.com codes) and upadte it. That way, your blog will be earning when it gets views. That's what I did with my blog.

I am glad that the last post is still encouraging. I have been thinking of starting a blog for months now but keep holding back because I think I am too challenged technically. Besides that I honestly can't decide what I want to focus on and for those two reasons I have held back. Sometimes, I think I'd just like to get up and write about whatever comes to mind that I think people might be interested in reading.

When I saw the opening posts and the fact that most spoke of their blogs in the past tense, I was not feeling very motivated. Thanks Alexandoy for giving me some much needed encouragement in the end.:)

Last edited:
I am glad that the last post is still encouraging. I have been thinking of starting a blog for months now but keep holding back because I think I am too challenged technically. Besides that I honestly can't decide what I want to focus on and for those two reasons I have held back. Sometimes, I think I'd just like to get up and write about whatever comes to mind that I think people might be interested in reading.

When I saw the opening posts and the fact that most spoke of their blogs in the past tense, I was not feeling very motivated. Thanks Alexandoy for giving me some much needed encouragement in the end.:)
Take note of this thread's title. Passion is the key because when you write about your passion, it is easy because you like what you are writing. Besides, you can come up with a good article for the same reason that you like it. As for the earnings, it would be best to forget it for the moment until you are able to launch your blog. Don't let money matter interfere in your focus so you can do that art part and then the business part later. Good luck and I hope you can join the bandwagon of bloggers soon.

suegiplaye

I was just glad that blogging came into fore because it gives writers the opportunity to publish their writings. My first blog, naturally is about my favorite genre of stories - science fiction. I still remember my jubilation when the counter registered 10 viewers on my first day of publication but that's due to my promotional activities, waheehee. At the time, email was still a potent tool.

But now that writings sites give you the opportunity to earn, my passion is losing over the potential money that I could earn. It's been a long while since I had updated my blog.
This is so true.I used to love writing about passion for my blog. But now as time passes and I still have not earned anything yet, I have stopped updating my blog regularly. I love that content mills pay pretty good, but the topics you have to write about usually don't involve what you are really passionate about.

That is why I don't really write what I am passionate about when I am trying to make money. I only write what I am passionate about when I don't care if I am paid for it or not. When you take something fun and turn it into a job, it no longer is fun.

I think one advantage of focusing on passionate topics is the natural flow of ideas and you will not experience any writers block I believe. You will love what you do, but there is no guarantee that audience will like it or not. That is a drawback I think. So, if we are keen to earn money, we should write what our prospective customers want.

I have seen people searching for most sought-after words or topics in search engines. Then they start writing about those topics and sometimes get good response. So, I think to earn money we need to think the way our customers think.

This is so true.I used to love writing about passion for my blog. But now as time passes and I still have not earned anything yet, I have stopped updating my blog regularly. I love that content mills pay pretty good, but the topics you have to write about usually don't involve what you are really passionate about.
Don't you experience mental fatigue when writing about topics that are not really that interesting to you? When I started earning from content provider sites, I was kind of ecstatic with a surreal feeling (I had been to scam sites before hence I couldn't believe I was earning). Like the proverbial Pacman, I gobbled anything that came in my way. But when mental fatigue caught up with me, I realized that I should be choosy in the sites that I enter. Still, passion or interest is now my priority over earnings.

I began writing by writing about my passion. In the beginning, I always wrote about my views, feelings, thoughts, experience. However, later I discovered that if I want to make a mark on writing (in other words, make money from writing), I must write on the topic that people find interesting. With the years of experience, now I have learned how to write on the topic that people want to read and all the while use my own experience, thoughts, feelings.

It's definitely true that when a person writes for any site including their own, what they write about needs to be something they are passionate about, or even at the very least they know something about.

These days there are too many people just writing articles to get paid and that shows when you are reading it.

If your lucky enough to find something to write about your interested in and get paid then fair enough, but don't just write for the money.

I think one advantage of focusing on passionate topics is the natural flow of ideas and you will not experience any writers block I believe. You will love what you do, but there is no guarantee that audience will like it or not. That is a drawback I think. So, if we are keen to earn money, we should write what our prospective customers want.

I have seen people searching for most sought-after words or topics in search engines. Then they start writing about those topics and sometimes get good response. So, I think to earn money we need to think the way our customers think.
I seem to get more writers block when I am writing about something I am passionate about then when I am just writing for money. When I am passionate about something I have some much to say I can't think of how to say it. Whereas when I am writing for money, I am just collecting information and passing it along so to speak.

GenkiWORld

Writing is my passion; however I didn’t have a blog till recently. I first started writing and publishing my work through content writing sites, but so many have ended up being scams and I have lost so much of my invested time with no payment that I slowly began to lose my passion for content writing sites.

By then I began contemplating other ways on which I could enjoy my writing. I recently created my first blog and since I’m about to publish my first book ever, I decided to make it about that and the self-publishing industry. Imagine my joy when I began to see viewers coming to my blog and reading it. I only got a little over 1000 views, but I have no doubt m promotion efforts will eventually pay off.

It seemed like a video blog have a better chance to took of than a written blog because many people these days are too lazy to read. The competition on video blogs though is tremendous so it is not an easy path to cross. Going for Facebook instead of YouTube might be a good option because Facebook's video option is just beginning so there is less competition to deal with. Making my log relevant is hard because I am just a small dot in the middle of the universe and the competition is everywhere. I had seen so many well writen blogs that failed and I had seen garbage content making a lot of cash.

Last edited:
I had started a blog not too long ago but I had to put it on hold because my boyfriend and his friends want me to rewrite my movie script that I was working on and put to the side. They want to use it to create a video game. So now I don't have time to work on my blogs because I am busy working on that script trying to remember what I wrote in the first place. I barely have time to post in forums either because of it.

tomstrong

I have a blog, write on forums, and do content writing. The content writing pays best, but I hate that the content site I use demands AP style, which I was taught in college was a quick F. I notice that wikipedia specifically does not use it. I have recently found a grammar check program ,(free) that will check for AP style. I should mention that I scored 798 out of 800 on the English portion of my SAT many years ago, and took honors English at William and Mary
Does anyone else have the same opinion of AP style?

Top Bottom