• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wordpress vs. other platforms

Darthmaul

I have used wordpress for about 5 years now, and I have to say I absolutely love it. It's extremely robust, and easy to theme/develop on top of.

What are your opinions on it? Have you used it before? Do you prefer another software to it?

For me, I never found any other blogging/CMS platform as compatible with my needs as wordpress.

I am a small publisher and wordpress is the best CMS for my small website. I have been using wordpress since 5 years. I will suggest wordpress to everyone, especially of you are new to the online publishing.

Wordpress is one of the best and most used platforms these days. Small bloggers to even professionals love this platform. It is becoming the standard platform for every site. Also with the release of latest plugins and themes for Wordpress, it makes it more flexible for the users and the webmaster too. That's why it is being preferred by experts for all types of sites from small businesses to large organizations.

fabio

Wordpress is the most used platform, and the simplest to use. I tested some of it's alternatives, and all of them were more complicated to setup and understand what is going on. They market on the idea that you would have more control to customize it, I'm not very convinced on that, I think if you need more customization you'll end writing your own web application. In the end, I would recommend one of the alternatives if there is a plugin/module available for them that you're interested in.

Their main competitors on CMS are Joomla and Drupal. Drupal is the most complicated to setup, and in theory, the most customizable. Joomla is marketed as being a middle-ground between these two.

Wordpress is the most used platform, and the simplest to use. I tested some of it's alternatives, and all of them were more complicated to setup and understand what is going on. They market on the idea that you would have more control to customize it, I'm not very convinced on that, I think if you need more customization you'll end writing your own web application. In the end, I would recommend one of the alternatives if there is a plugin/module available for them that you're interested in.

Their main competitors on CMS are Joomla and Drupal. Drupal is the most complicated to setup, and in theory, the most customizable. Joomla is marketed as being a middle-ground between these two.
Absolutely right! Wordpress is the easiest platform every built for websites. It is easy to install and configure of almost everyone. Even a new person in the website field can install WordPress on his server. There is no need of scripting knowledge or any complicated stuff. All we have to do is upload it to the server and enter some details. That's it the site is ready for blogging and any other activity.

Wordpress contains 25% of global internet area. The main reason is it’s service.

There are many companies are platforms are available for creating a blogging site but wordpress has some awesome feature that any other company cannot beat wordpress.

The main purpose for creating Wordpress is to share information using a website. Wordpress is also updating it’s service day by day.

Why Wordpress Is The Best?

• Large number of available themes. ( blogging, e-commerce, media, health, fashion)
  • Very very easy to use.
  • Plugins (web software which are used to create effective dynamic website)
  • Comment (Providing in build comment section)
  • Editor ( you can also edit your php web page using wordpress)
  • CSS ( Changing style of the web page is also possible)
  • Background ( Changing background of any theme is possible)
  • SEO - Search engine optimization ( Using different types of SEO plugins it is easy for reaching to the search engines)
These all things are based on my personal experience.

Wordpress contains 25% of global internet area. The main reason is it’s service.

There are many companies are platforms are available for creating a blogging site but wordpress has some awesome feature that any other company cannot beat wordpress.

The main purpose for creating Wordpress is to share information using a website. Wordpress is also updating it’s service day by day.

Why Wordpress Is The Best?

• Large number of available themes. ( blogging, e-commerce, media, health, fashion)
  • Very very easy to use.
  • Plugins (web software which are used to create effective dynamic website)
  • Comment (Providing in build comment section)
  • Editor ( you can also edit your php web page using wordpress)
  • CSS ( Changing style of the web page is also possible)
  • Background ( Changing background of any theme is possible)
  • SEO - Search engine optimization ( Using different types of SEO plugins it is easy for reaching to the search engines)
These all things are based on my personal experience.
I have used WordPress for too long that I never thought others existed. WordPress is the best there is.

NikSuks

I prefer using wordpress. Why? Well, I prefer it because it is proven and it is reliable. It is well established and everyone uses it. You should use it, too. That is my advice mate.

I am a small publisher and wordpress is the best CMS for my small website. I have been using wordpress since 5 years. I will suggest wordpress to everyone, especially of you are new to the online publishing.
Thank you for your comment. I've been thinking to create a web/blog of my own. Is WordPress easy and friendly to use? Did you add plug-ins aside from what it offers in order for it to be responsive?

Top Bottom