• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wordpress as cms

What do you think about wordpress (which is predominately for blogs) as a content management system? Do you think that it can meet the requirements and features for someone looking to build a website for their business and is it as good as other CMS' out there such as Drupal and Joomla? I think wordpress can be a great CMS and I prefer it more over Drupal and Joomla as long as you are using a pre-built template such as one that can be bought from ThemeForest. I am currently building a directory system using wordpress with a theme from TF and it is great! Have you ever built a site using wordpress?

V

vinaya

I don't have any experience with Drupal and Joomla, however, I have been using Wordpress since a long time. Wordpress is one of the trusted names on content management system and off course the most used content management system. Joomla is second to wordpress and I am now sure where Drupal stands. Wordpress is being used by many user generated content sites and company websites, which shows how reliable it is.

There are statistics (which are not collected by me though) which states that WordPress is used more than the Drupal and Joomla together. Opinions might vary though ,per individual's experience. I too believe that WordPress usage is more. I personally use WordPress and I find it easier to use. Even if you are not from a programmers background setting up a website using WordPress is easy and I think one of its USP.

As already mentioned earlier, Wordpress is the most widely used content management system in the world. Wordpress is highly flexible and popular among beginners who have little knowledge about CMS or programming and at the same it is also suitable to make complex sites.

Drupal on the other hand is suitable for those who got sound knowledge of programming and CMS environment. If the focus is on a highly complex site, then Drupal is the best choice. Joomla's place is obviously between Wordpress and Drupal in easiness and usage. It can be used by people who has at least a little knowledge about CMS environment. I would prefer Wordpress of all the three as it offers flexibility and easiness.

V

vinaya

If your website is entirely managed by you (you are the only admin) and you don't have IT skills and budget to hire programmers, you should always choose Wordpress, It is easy to install on your website. One of the benefits of using wordpress is you can find many free website templates,and customize your website to your taste. If you known programming language, you can choose Drupal or Joomla.

deepa

A lot of content site owners use word press. The popular ones are daily two cents and the sister sites. Word press is easy if you learn to use it well. The SEO tool really helps too.

yoshi

I think Wordpress is number one choice for many especially for those with no so much technical knowledge. I'd choose it for blogs and content businesses but I will go for Joomla and Drupal if the site needs to be more customized or is e-commerce.

V

vinaya

I have a wordpress site. However, before I used wordpress as CMS for my website, I have used wordpress on various writing sites,social blogging sites. I even had a free wordpress blog. Since I had experience with wordpress and did not know drupal or Joomla, I choose wordpress as content management system from my website.

Top Bottom