• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Wordpress addons

JoshK

What WordPress addons would you all consider?

I run a blog which is based on WordPress and have numerous addons/plugins to help the site. What WordPress addons would you recommend using?

Personally for me, I like to have the WP to Twitter addon, this allows WordPress to automatically tweet to a Twitter account the blog post details which actively helps me as most of my follows for this blog are on Twitter, this addon will also post to Facebook which is great.

Another one I use is WP-Spamshield and it does exactly what it say's on the tin! It protects your blog from spam and automatically blocks any spam that comes to your blog, it does this by learning what on your blog is considered spam and what's considered a genuine comment.

Contact Form 7 is another addon I use which again does what it say's on the tin which is it provides a contact form on my blog allowing people to get in contact! I've had no problems with this addon and it is very customizable and will directly email me once someone contacts the blog!

Well it depends on what type of blog you are running. I am currently also using Contact Form 7 and it is a great addon for your wordpress blog as it allows us to easily create different contact forms and place them all over the blogs. I just wish that it allowed us to design colours and change the appearance of the contact forms more easily. Another great addon I would recommend to you is BBPress which is a great forum plugin that allows the users on your site to create discussions. It's basically a forum for your blog ;)

Kennito

I think the answer to this question will depends with your niche/ website platform. Personally, I always have to install SEO by yoast for ranking purposes. Google analytical for checking my daily visitors statistics.

I have more than 50 plugins set up in my main WordPress website, and I consider all of them indispensable because I don't like WP as it comes, hence need to start with customize its features.

One of this plugins is meant to personalize emails that are sent to newly registered users. When you use a WordPress installation without this plugins, email received says "From WordPress" as the sender, but with the plugin its "YOUR WEBSITE" or custom name what people read as the sender, which at a time prevents some email service from flagging those emails as spam, incorrectly.

Then I need to get rid of useless auto-saved drafts, annoying "Howdy Partner" (I can't stand this salutation) and fine tune other miscellaneous administrative features before focusing in the second aspect of the site; monetization.

So that I have to install plugins for selling digital good, plugins for injecting AdSense, Amazon and other advertising, others to make certain articles available only to whoever pays for read them and so on.

I can post a list of all my plugins, but it's long, long, long.

Top Bottom