• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Whzon the new social media

From my connections to the old writing sites, they sent me the link to this social media that purportedly pays members. Currently, members are paid 2 cents for every Like that their posts get. You can post photos and other images and videos as well plus a mini blog. There's also the function to take in friends just like Facebook.

The only disadvantage is the slow access of the site. And for the payment, there are lots of testimonials bearing screen shots of their Paypal.

I also got a lot of positive feedbacks about this site. But I don't like the unprofessional look of the site. It is somewhat congested, that is what I feel. I think recently they have cut down the rates by half. That is not a good sign for a site that is planning to stay for long. It would have been better if they come with a low pay rate then increase it gradually. It reminds me of another scam site called Bubblews.

Are you still using the site and what is your average earning per day?

It seems like there are a lot of sites these days that are popping up, all trying to do the same kind of thing, be an alternative to Facebook by offering you a cash incentive to post on there.

Inevitably some of theses sites are going to fail so I guess it's just a case of signing up and hoping for the best. Even the ones that do survive though, aren't going to be making you a millionaire anytime soon.

I agree with you, @pwarbi that such sites that pay may not survive. In fact, Whzon had changed it policy of payment lately - from the 8 cents for quality provider and 2 cents for ordinary member, it was cut to 6 cents for the quality provider and now it is 4 cents and for the ordinary member 1 cent for every like tha your post gets. But in fairness, the post still has the potential to earn unlike in Facebook where earnings is zero. It would take time for people to learn the value of earnings but in due time Facebook users will be shifting to social media sites that pay.

Don't get me wrong, the idea behind it is a good one, a social media site that pays for your posts, I just don't think it's sustainable as a business model.

When you look at the popular sites such as Facebook which I believe used to be, and it still might be the most used site in the world, how would a site be able to pay for the amount of traffic that goes through it every day?

nytegeek

There have been a number of these types of sites to pop up and just fail. How old is it? If it has been around a while and has a decent size active user-base it might be something to take note of. If not we shall see.

There have been a number of these types of sites to pop up and just fail. How old is it? If it has been around a while and has a decent size active user-base it might be something to take note of. If not we shall see.
From my research, it is more than 3 years old because 2 users said that they have been a member of that site for 3 years already. I cannot estimate the number of users but it's definitely more than a hundred. What baffles me are the active members that I see on the chat board particularly the Filipino girls. They are often engaged in lively banter as if they know each other personally - Filipinos, Pakistani, Indian and some other nationalities. As for me, I go there for the money. So far I have withdrawn 90 CAD already and today I requested a payout for 16 CAD.

A chat board with lively Filipino girls on it? Are you sure this is a social media site and you've not got it mixed up with another? Ha!

The amount of time it's been around isn't as important in my opinion as how many members it's got. If it relies on social interaction for you to earn money, then there must be somebody there to actually interact with in the first place.

A chat board with lively Filipino girls on it? Are you sure this is a social media site and you've not got it mixed up with another? Ha!

The amount of time it's been around isn't as important in my opinion as how many members it's got. If it relies on social interaction for you to earn money, then there must be somebody there to actually interact with in the first place.
No, there's no mixup. As I said, it baffles me that the chatbox is always alive with chatters. But that's not where the money is. The money is when you post a photo or video and it gets likes. I notice that some of the chatters post sometimes but my point is they are spending so much time in the chat box while some other members are posting photos consecutively in the hope of earning likes. Nevertheless, the site is getting a good audience and if there won't be a deluge of newbies, the site may hold on with the present scheme of 1 cent per like on a post.

I read somewhere that the best way to earn money there is to post images and get it liked by others. I also heard that they are least bothered about the source of image and users can even take it from Google images and other sources. But what if somebody shared a copywrited material? Do they have anything in their ToS on this? Usually in most of the sites they recommend free sources like Pixabay for image downloading and use.

Whatever it is, I got a lot of positive feedbacks about this site. I wish the site survives for long paying its members. By the way, what is the minimum withdrawal limit?

I was a member on this site, however, I asked for account deletion. The site loads very slow and it was very frustrating to wait for photo upload. The site initially paid 10 cents(Canadian Dollars) for a like and later decreased to 8 cents, and now it is 2 cents. This type of fluctuations indicate that the site is unstable. I have received payment twice but I did not find the site very good

The fluctuations in payment are a concern, especially if the site as been going a few years, it shows that it still might be trying to find its feet. You'd expect a site like this to have sorted out its payment structure already, so even though it might pay, it's maybe not a site to rely on.

The fluctuations in payment are a concern, especially if the site as been going a few years, it shows that it still might be trying to find its feet. You'd expect a site like this to have sorted out its payment structure already, so even though it might pay, it's maybe not a site to rely on.
So far, I haven't seen a site that we can call reliable or stable unless it is in the league of Facebook or Twitter - sadly they don't share their revenue. I consider all these earning sites that I am in as unstable so I take it one day at a time. That is why my usual advice to those who ask about the minimum is to withdraw your earnings once your bank hits the minimum balance. Who knows if the site would fold tomorrow and you have $300 in your bank? That happened to Magnolia in Bubbles, she had withdrawable balance in her bank but Bubblews was not responding to her redemption request and she kept on posting so it reached $900 and then the bubble burst.

I also do the same and would recommend everybody who uses any site online to earn money to as soon as they reach the cashout threshold to withdraw their earnings.

I't doesn't matter how reliable or well established the site is there's always a chance they could close down at anytime, taking your hard earned money with them.

deepa

I also do the same and would recommend everybody who uses any site online to earn money to as soon as they reach the cashout threshold to withdraw their earnings.

I't doesn't matter how reliable or well established the site is there's always a chance they could close down at anytime, taking your hard earned money with them.
I learned that the hard way when Helium closed. Had I concentrated more, I would not have lost my earnings from that site. Compared to the newer sites which shared revenue, helium paid peanuts and made huge profit from the work by great writers. I only hope that such sites do not arise again. As for whzon, I was put off by obscene content.

The site seemed going down after some posts in other forums that they are mandating everyone to become a tycoon. However, it seems it has changed and it's not compulsory anymore. I an still not urged to go back.

The site seemed going down after some posts in other forums that they are mandating everyone to become a tycoon. However, it seems it has changed and it's not compulsory anymore. I an still not urged to go back.
The owner of Whzon drastically changed the rules to make the value of points in a floating state. From previous 100 points equals 1 CAD it is now in the prerogative of the owner on what exchange rate to use with the reason that the point (called gold) is dependent on the real value of the real gold in the international market. So my 1,500 points which should be 15 CAD is not valued at 0.55 CAD. What the heck. It seems like it will never go back to its previous value so I am quitting informally. It would be a waste of time to post photos and comment on other photos when the rate of revenue sharing is a pittance. I would rather spend my time in contributing to sensible forums.

Top Bottom