• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Hello Guest, We changed our domain name from aweb.hosting to WebHostingSupportForum.com. All users from aweb.hosting can use the same login credentials to login to our new forum.

Why some website features were missing in the mobile version?

Why do certain features of a website were removed on their mobile version? It really makes me wonder why website owners do this. I can give some common examples that I am sure some of you would be able to relate:

On YouTube, the button "Most recent comment" at the comment section is missing in the mobile version. It doesn't exist in the app version neither. Some videos also disabled commenting for the mobile version.

A certain forum I joined, disabled the ability to embed pictures and videos on the mobile version of their site. That option is available on their PC version. I really don't know why do they remove features.

A Pay to click site were I was a member don't allow their members to log in with a mobile device.

It's depend on developer. By the way, Clavax is a mobile application development company that has been consistent in developing feature-rich mobile applications for their clients from diverse industries. The company ensures that their teams of mobile application developers are updated on the latest mobile technologies in the market, but are also well versed in their applicability in real-life applications. Furthermore, the mobile app development capability of the company extend towards optimizing web applications for variable screen sizes as well.

Most likely, they do not have a good solution to put the same feature on mobile devices, so they removed it to prevent bugs or problems from surfacing. As for pay to click site, it is normal for them to disallow logins from mobile device. I think the reason is due to mobile devices not being able to generate revenue for them. I think I read this somewhere in the past on Neobux forum.

You do know that, website takes way more time to load when you are using a mobile phone right?
So, we minimize using unnecessary stuff for the mobile users. After all, we always go for the best experience for any user.
Also, you can always request the full stuff by choosing "PC site" option in the browser :D

Some websites lacks some features when views on mobile devices. I have a website which shows differently when I view via mobile device. I have noticed that this happens when the scripts and themes you are using are not compatible with mobile version.

Why do certain features of a website were removed on their mobile version? It really makes me wonder why website owners do this. I can give some common examples that I am sure some of you would be able to relate:

On YouTube, the button "Most recent comment" at the comment section is missing in the mobile version. It doesn't exist in the app version neither. Some videos also disabled commenting for the mobile version.

A certain forum I joined, disabled the ability to embed pictures and videos on the mobile version of their site. That option is available on their PC version. I really don't know why do they remove features.

A Pay to click site were I was a member don't allow their members to log in with a mobile device.
It is there in YouTube, only it takes time to load and you have to scroll down till the end of the video page on the mobile version or app to see the comments. Some of the features may not be well optimized for mobile usage, so it's preferable if it's not being seen on the mobile device.

For obvious reasons, not all features of the website in the desktop can be shown in the mobile version because of the size. And as @Amyrivers said, it depends on the developer of the app on how the design would be and what features will be showcased. Most apps take only the major features and leave out the minor features from the front page although they still appear somewhere. Like for example the Facebook app, it is difficult to find the Logout button because it is at the bottom.

It is there in YouTube, only it takes time to load and you have to scroll down till the end of the video page on the mobile version or app to see the comments. Some of the features may not be well optimized for mobile usage, so it's preferable if it's not being seen on the mobile device.
The only thing I see in youtube is top comment and there is no option to place it with recent comment. It is the recent comments that I wanted to read.

The only thing I see in youtube is top comment and there is no option to place it with recent comment. It is the recent comments that I wanted to read.
I usually see the recent comments, first I wonder why that is for you. I always look at the comments, cause it's quite entertaining, cause of how many trolls are on the internet.

Top Bottom