• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Why many forums have time limits for edit button/has no edit button?

I admit I have tendencies to have typo errors. There are times when I missed to type a single key of the keyboard and there are times when I get to press keys I am not suppose to press. Whenever I noticed that I end up with a typo error, the first thing I do is to fix it right away but I am a human so there are times when I end up not noticing my mistake.

This is how dangerous a typo error can be:

(You are giving someone an advice)

What you want to type:

"Don't worry, your haters can't destroy you"

And you end up typing this:

" Don't worry, your haters can destroy you"

Just imagine if that happened on a site where with no edit button or the edit button have a time limit and you discovered your mistake 24 hours later. This makes me wonder, why many forum owners don't let their members edit their mistakes or why do they put time limit on editing?

I'm always making typos. Even after I double check. I can't tell you how much I hate that. Why do I have to wait like ... 50 seconds after editing my post to post? It's annoying, but I appreciate editing options a whole lot, so I won't complain anymore

lludawg

I also believe that there should be no time limit for editing posts. I think there could be some rare cases where editing your post can have issues though. However, I think these cases are very extreme and the chances of them happening are very low. But yeah, it really annoys me when I make a simple typing issue and I have to wait like 5 minutes to change it!

Let me segue a bit on this topic of edit and waiting time.

Just lately, I have noticed that typing directly to the input portion of the thread is not so smooth unlike before that I just write and write even if it takes 2 or 3 lines. I am fast with the keyboard, you know. But lately, there are times that the keyboard waits a few seconds, it's like being locked so what I type was not reflected on the monitor. And then I noticed in the bottom right portion of the page that it is "saving" the draft.

What do you think is the problem with that, is it the forum that dictates the auto saving?

I just had some psychological evaluation and I just discovered I am dyslexic so I am really prone to make typo errors. I have tendencies to my style "I" as "In". I really don't know why that mistake always happen. If you guys noticed, I have less typo errors now because I try to check my post more than five times because I just got scolded on an Article writing site because I had mistyped something as a curse word in an article about poultry. I just made the mistake of typing the word duck with a different first letter. I am trying to be independent from the edit button even if its hard. I lost a 200 British Pound article thanks to a single typing mistake.

Top Bottom