• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Why cloud hosing is not considered suitable for storing sensitive data?

I got a lot of feedback on net that cloud hosting is not suitable for storing sensitive data which needs high security. I wonder what might be the exact reason behind this notion. A dedicated server is usually recommenced to store confidential data. But cloud hosting is very much cheaper than dedicated hosting service.

Is this because cloud hosting platform uses a network of servers to store data?

Well now a day we can store sensitive data on cloud hosting server but depends on the hosting services provider which level security they provide so that we can store the confidential data on cloud servers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cloud hosting is getting trend these days. Many people prefer using cloud hosting providers, rather than any other type of hosting service. However, cloud hostings are very costly these days. Because there servers are very expensive and the owners are providing expensive cloud hosting services. There are some cheap ones but they don't ahve the good quality servers. However, if one has decied to spend money first time. Then it would be easy for him/her to buy cloud hosting services.

That is true. We can see different types of hosting packages within cloud hosting services. But it is no so costly as a dedicated server. A dedicated server is the most costly option as all good things in life comes with a price.

But we cannot underestimate the importance of Cloud servers as it is the upcoming trend these days. Many well known organizations like Google and Apple use cloud servers to store their customers data. They are well aware of the pros and cons of a cloud hosting environment. But I think when it comes to security nothing can actually replace a dedicated server.

Chris

I think it all depends on the company you use and their reputation. I know that hospitals and even some government bodies use cloud hosting for secure information. I think cloud hosting can be just as secure as other hosting if it is a company you can trust.

Top Bottom