• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Why choose vps?

remnant

I have it that VPS offers high levels of security because each server machine is separate from others preventing hacking from hackers and customers. There is also the assurance of performance and reliability as well as a dedicated an email server with a dedicated IP address which prevents blacklisting through spamming. What are the other merits would you take into account before choosing a VPS plan?

I don't think hacking on a shared server is of much concern if the customer knows about strong passwords and the like. In other words, the VPS solution seems to be an answer for the inexperienced. Nonetheless, I also use a VPS, but it's mainly because I need something strong to handle all my forums and blogs.

What exactly is a VPS for? From what I know, it is a type of subscription for internet access. Like my subscription now is a DSL (digital subscriber line) which gets me into a pool, the reason why there are times that my internet is fast and sometimes it is slow because the speed depends on the number of users logged in to the pool. But for the website, I think it is up to the package of the host that you will take. Correct me if I'm wrong on this.

I was thinking of a Virtual Private Network (VPN) which I have heard of,when you are trying to have a secure private connection over a public network. The other one- a Virtual Private Server(VPS) which is new to me, but it is sharing a main host computer in a data centre, and so one host can carry multiple virtual machines-and the one access is independent of the other ones it seems ?

Vps or virtual private server hosting gives following benefits :
  1. Less maintenance : It requires less maintenance compared to other type of server.
  2. Multiple VM's: You can make & use multiple virtual servers & can also share them with others.
  3. Performance : With it, you can avail faster load times.
  4. Dedicated resources : Vps hosting can provide more disk space with dedicated cpu & ram.
  5. Choice of OS: You can use them as linux or windows vps server too.
Also, it is more secure & efficient than shared hosting. Most server hosting providers offer this services very cheap.

Rexy

If you're just starting out, choosing a VPS can definitely be a good choice. However, if you've used it for a while, I think you should move on to a dedicated one!

jakub1

VPS can be useful if you're just starting out and can't afford a dedicated server which can cost a hefty some, but in no way is it a necessity or required

Top Bottom