• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Why are premium domains even premium?

I hate that we even have to deal with this. Capitalist are wild these days, when I did a search for a domain that I wanted, I saw that it cost $30,000 dollars and was forced to pick something else because I'm not that desperate.

The first time I saw those numbers, I though it was a scam, and illegal. I did not know about premium domains, and I just want to know now why did they become premium.

NormaD

Well those people who are now selling those one name domains for that much were smart enough to jump on the bandwagon and register as many one word domains as they could. Now they are making a killing selling them to us. I wish I had been in on it too from the start.

I did not know about premium domains, and I just want to know now why did they become premium.
The .com is easy to remember and brandable without the domain extension tagging along. For instance, a lot of people want a website like Cheap New Cars, to be Cheap New Cars, not CheapNewCars.net. However, it does seem to be a fashion thing, and not everyone follows the fashion, hence why extensions like .io have sold for hundreds and thousands in the last few years.

braveyard

I did not know about premium domains, and I just want to know now why did they become premium.
Premium, from the word is amount paid more than usual. So there is always an option to every domain you are to purchase, which always include regular. This regular, has less amount, sometimes when you are lucky you can see as low as $10 - $15 dollar. But the fact remain that the premium will have more quality features that are far better than that of regular, so if you are not buoyant enough to purchase the one with premium features then go for the one with regular features. I hope it helps.

Premium domains are premium for reason. People are here to make money. They want to sell you digital goods and services and make profit of selling domains, and potentially earn a living by doing this. This is why they are premium. My advice to you is look around for the best, cheapest domain registrar and you should be okay.

Capitalism can be frustrating. But the bottom line is that I would want to go along with the program to some degree. I mean, I might resent that I cannot buy a domain I really want - but I realize if I was on the other side, having that domain would be a thrill, especially if I was otherwise poor.

Top Bottom