• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

While choosing a web hosting company what do you look at?

reddyash

Administrator
Staff member
When I choose a web hosting company I will look for uptime of the server, connectivity, best offer and support. So what do you look at?

Area of Focus
Tech Specs
Tech support it's no.1# for me while looking for a hosting company, staff members would provide us with helpful tips due to their hosting
Hardware and features

sbatz1972

Those are some great things to be concerned about first and for most. The up time guarantee that a hosting company offers is very important. Besides up time guarantee, I also look at the features available from the hosting company. I think the price is the least of my concerns when looking for a hosting company. After all you get what you pay for.

Customer-feedback, features, market share and costing. I do care about the customer feedback, I don't want to get in to the hosting glitches and face the downtime for my website. I also see the Forum related to the hosting companies and the responses from the staff. Well, I'm from India and usually the conversion rate for payment makes it very high payment/month - so the costing also matters to some extent.

Last edited:

JoshK

As everyone else is said, feedback is a massive factor of whether or not a host is any good or not (Usually a Google search of the company name will bring up some reviews).

The pricing also has to be fairly good, but not to good that it is possibly to good to be true because then alarm bars start ringing!

How long they have been around as well, if a company is fairly new then it may be a case of taking caution while using that host as they could take your money and run!

Customer service, this is usually in with the reputation/reviews but it's also good to check out there customer service and if they have live chat facility, try it out and see what they're like.

Doc Moose

I am also on the same boat but before I made a decision, I would have to be sure about the legitimacy of the hosting company. I would search for customer feedback across the web until I am convinced it is the right one for me. First thing I would check out is the price. I would gather a number of companies offering within that range and choose from among them.

I always look at the price, the speed, the support, the downtime, and reviews online to make sure that it is the best one out of the ones that I am choosing from.

MarcS

I would consider following factors:

Affordable Prices
Using latest hardware and technologies
Reliability
Uptime records
Hosting environment
How long in business
Money back guarantee
Reputation in other forums and ....
Above all, Technical Support

It is because, when customers have good technical support they can enjoy the peace of mind. Good Hosting support allows customers to concentrate on their actual business without having to worry about Hosting problems.

Sapett

I primarily look at customer reviews. I always do a quick Google search to see how current customers rate the web hosting and customer support. Those two areas are always the most important to me. Everything else is secondary.

Dewlance

I look for many things like.

1. Company registration date and establishment year.
2. Registered company?
3. Age
4. I open a ticket with them and check their response time, If take 24 hours to response then better to choose other company.

It should have following features:
Dedicated Server At Fast Speed
Fastest Speed
Multiple Domain Creation
High Performance
Increased Security
Customize Hardware and Software

The first developer for our office website were skilled and artistic. However, the service was not that desirable because they have that elitist mentality as if they were the best in the field so we, as the client, should beg for their time. Our second developer was excellent when it comes to service but with the quality, I'd say they are below average. But in fairness to the second developer, they charged us only 10% of what the first developer had charged us in the service contract. So what would you choose between the two?

The most most important thing for a web hosting company is their past track record I think. So whenever I am in the process of finalizing a web hosting company I always make it a point to go through various reviews. Market is flooded with a lot of scam hosting companies too so we should be careful in this.

Yes, a good after sales service is essential for any business. Otherwise we will not able to grow our business. Usually the uptime as per industry standards is 99.9%, but most of the hosting companies hardly keep their words. So it is very necessary to ensure a good uptime before taking a final call. Else this may adversely affect your site, especially if your site is a revenue generator.

Its good to start with a comparison between two or more companies. There are many things to consider while choosing a good hosting company such as reputation, services and offers, technical support etc. I feel the oldest and well established players are Hostgator and Bluehost. But, it depends on your preference over factors such as cost, services, privacy etc. :)

owen027

Maybe I would have to be sure about the legitimacy of the hosting company. I would search for customer feedback across the web until I am convinced it is the right one for me. However, the service was not that desirable because they have that elitist mentality as if they were the best in the field so we, as the client, should beg for their time. Usually the uptime as per industry standards is 99.9%, but most of the hosting companies hardly keep their words.

You can never get the right web host without knowing what you need. Stop thinking about top 10 web hosting providers for a while and think thoroughly on your own needs.

1.What kind of website are you building?
2. Do you need Windows applications?
3. Do you need a special version of software (ie. PHP)?
4. Does your website need special software?
5. How big (or small) can the web traffic volume go?

These are some of the basic questions to be answered. Have a plan with your website and try figure out what will happens next for the next 12 months.

When I am choosing a web hosting company, the first thing that I consider is pricing. The web hosting package should be appropriate for my budget. Second criteria is the reputation of the web hosting company. Thirdly,I will look for customer support.

MeowsePad

When I choose web hosting, I look for the most space and bandwidth I can get for the price. Of course, I wouldn't consider any host that doesn't have 99.9% up-time. I tend to use HawkHost because they are very cheap and reliable. They also offer a good amount of space and bandwidth and increase it periodically. Aside from those things, there are often coupons that give you even more of a discount.

Cost

This is the perspective the majority of us will take a gander at first while picking a facilitating supplier; be that as it may, it shouldn't be the integral variable. When you see value contrasts it's useful to recall the familiar saying that we get what we pay for. Bouncing on the least expensive offer you see isn't as a matter of course the best thought, particularly in the event that you depend on your site to profit. Things like non-outsourced backing and quality equipment cost cash, and a facilitating organization that charges $1.99 every month likely won't offer these components. Investigate the elements that every host gives, and after that look at costs.

Range of Center/Claims to fame

Not all web hosts are ideal for every single distinctive sort of clients. Some offer awesome shared plans yet don't have arrangements that are useful for developing organizations, while others have extraordinary endeavor arrangements however aren't an ideal choice for somebody with a little formula blog. Investigate an organization's claim to fame or region of ability before you purchase, and run with one that comprehends your specific needs as a client. You can discover audits and suggestions on the Web, and a number of these will discuss a specific organization's qualities and shortcomings.

Tech Specs/Restrictions

Take a decent, legit take a gander at your site and make sense of what you need it to do. In case you're wanting to have an online journal, an e-trade website, rich substance, and recordings, then you shouldn't run with the least expensive facilitating bundle you can discover. A shabby facilitating arrange most likely won't have the RAM, handling power, and plate space to serve all these requirements, and you'll invest more energy managing downtime or burden issues than you might want.

Hope to see what you are getting with the modest host and what components are incorporated into the expense. Do they charge for extra areas, bolster, reinforcements, and so on.. Call them. Make inquiries. Let them know what you imagine your site's should be. Simply don't underestimate it that they consider your site as important as you do.

Top Bottom