• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Which language for web programming do you know?

Hugop

I know HTML(yes, it counts as a language), CSS, Javascript, Python and Ruby.

I learned HTML and CSS on my free time but at the start, I have not separated CSS from the html file. At school, I had to study Javascript and Python which are in my opinion useful languages. Thanks to a website called codecademy, I learned Ruby.

Which languages for web programming do you know?

Rubie

HTML and CSS are indeed a language but not a programming language, and you are right. HTML is just a markup language which only defines, process and presents the text in coding while CSS is also a markup language used with HTML to create a user interface in a website.

I am not familiar with Ruby and phyton though, but I have tried Javascript. And for the programming language i know and had little knowledge on is PHP which is usually used in web developing. I learned about it when I was still in school.

Hugop

Rubie;n199 wrote: HTML and CSS are indeed a language but not a programming language, and you are right. HTML is just a markup language which only defines, process and presents the text in coding while CSS is also a markup language used with HTML to create a user interface in a website.

I am not familiar with Ruby and phyton though, but I have tried Javascript. And for the programming language i know and had little knowledge on is PHP which is usually used in web developing. I learned about it when I was still in school.
Oh, you don't know Python(you spelled it wrong :eek:)? It is a known language for both programming and web programming. According to some websites, it is being used on YouTube and Dropbox. If you want to start it, you can find everything you need here: https://www.python.org/

If you are looking for a place to learn Python, Ruby and other web programming languages, use codecademy as I said on the first post. It is completely free: https://www.codecademy.com/

Rubie

I'm sorry if I spelled it wrong, thank you for correcting me. I was in School almost 5 years ago, learning php and haven't tried to familiarize new sets of programming languages at this time. Well, I think I am way too long to the some new trends in programming, and i will try to educate myself by the sites you've given. I hope that I would learn, just like you.

kibria97

am not familiar with Ruby and phyton though, but I have tried Javascript. And for the programming language i know and had little knowledge on is PHP which is usually used in web developing. I learned about it when I was still in school

aimayaram

I know PHP (the object-oriented version also), JQuery, JavaScript, AJAX, HTML, CSS. For PHP, I also worked on CMS: Drupal and Wordpress. For HTML and CSS, there are some versions such as HTML5 and CSS3 where the syntax is a little different from the previous versions. I also tried a framework called CodeIgniter.

Are you from France, or a French speaking country? Because langue is one of the French words for language.

I did a little python a couple of years back but unfortunately, it was not enough to transform me into a complete programmer. I know some of the basic functions and setting of codes which is enough when you place me infront of a linux system just to know the ins and outs but any deeper things might be complicated for me.

GuestHu

The web programming or programming languages I learned from school, mostly self-taught are HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP, and MySQL. The school just taught us the basics of HTML, CSS, and MySQL. Since I am an IT student and required to make an application as a group project, and our chosen project was a web application. I have no choice but to teach myself about the fundamental and an advanced topic in Javascript and PHP so that I could build that application.

Top Bottom