• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Which is the best server?

If you were to ask, which is better web server? (Do check the radio button for your choice):

• Total voters
I am just a simple blogger and a WordPress user. As I am keeping pace on my writing routine, I have an occasion to ask myself on how this website is being hosted and how it is being managed for there are a lot of them in the Internet.

Thus, I have come to think of this so-called server. In my research in the Net, I have come across with Nginx and Apache. To distinguish the two follows are short description of them:

NGINX is a free, open-source, high-performance server. It is known for its high performance, stability, rich feature set, simple configuration, and low resource consumption.

While Apache, short for Apache server, is the world's most used web server software. It considered as the first web server software to serve more than 100 million websites.

I am no programmer, but I am interested on these two on they work as far as serving the myriad of websites all over the world. What is choice? and why?

Friclya

I am just a simple blogger and a WordPress user. As I am keeping pace on my writing routine, I have an occasion to ask myself on how this website is being hosted and how it is being managed for there are a lot of them in the Internet.

Thus, I have come to think of this so-called server. In my research in the Net, I have come across with Nginx and Apache. To distinguish the two follows are short description of them:

NGINX is a free, open-source, high-performance server. It is known for its high performance, stability, rich feature set, simple configuration, and low resource consumption.

While Apache, short for Apache server, is the world's most used web server software. It considered as the first web server software to serve more than 100 million websites.

I am no programmer, but I am interested on these two on they work as far as serving the myriad of websites all over the world. What is choice? and why?
Hi Nocturnal Writer
I don't know much about the technical aspect but as far as I know the Apache was created in 1995 but NGINX came into work around 2004 so as to tackle the problem of C10K (which was a challenge for web servers to handle thousands of connections at the same time). Apache is stable and for less traffic sites whereas NGINX is meant for fast, efficient reverse proxies and efficient serving of static content even on VPS. So in today's era of high connections per seconds, web applications requires more efficient way to counter and act therfore NGINX is best solution for it.

Top Bottom