• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Where to host my blog?

Rubie

I am planning to create a blog site and I am wondering if there is a free hosting site available to host my blog? Does free hosting site, better enough for a blogging site? Or, do I need to have a paid one?

The popular choices for that are blogger, Tumblr and WordPress. I heard the most popular to use these days is WordPress but I am not a fan of it. I am still using blogger because I am so used to it even though many people find it dated compared to WordPress. All three I mentioned are all Free. I am not sure if Tumblr can be monetized but Blogger and WordPress can be monetized. If you want to blog on video form, YouTube and Facebook can be a good choice for you.

Rubie

Thank you for the input @The_Arctic_Outcry, but those are not hosting site, I think. I might say, with regards to your idea, does it mean to say that I don't need to host a blog site, instead post a blog in the platforms that you have enumerated? Well, its quite possible though, but my query is for a hosting site that provide free customization and that would provide me free domain to be accessed.

I have been with Blogger.com for my blogs even before that site was acquired by Google. I have no problem with that except lately when I was trying to insert a space line between 2 photos, the space wouldn't appear so the intended caption to occupy that blank line appears on the right side of the previous photo. Someone advised me to use html but I'm not well versed with it. But generally, Blogger is a good host since it can easily connect to Adsense for your blogs to earn.

Rubie

I have been with Blogger.com for my blogs even before that site was acquired by Google. I have no problem with that except lately when I was trying to insert a space line between 2 photos, the space wouldn't appear so the intended caption to occupy that blank line appears on the right side of the previous photo. Someone advised me to use html but I'm not well versed with it. But generally, Blogger is a good host since it can easily connect to Adsense for your blogs to earn.
Since Blogger can be easily connected to Adsense, considering the fact that the later is crucial in terms of approval, does it only means that registering in Blogger requires a hard time also? If not, then i might as well try Blogger in order for me to be easily accepted in Adsense. Thanks for the reliable information provided Mr. Alexandoy. I have been in a search for the best blog hosting site to write on and I think your referral is quite credible enough for me.

Since Blogger can be easily connected to Adsense, considering the fact that the later is crucial in terms of approval, does it only means that registering in Blogger requires a hard time also? If not, then i might as well try Blogger in order for me to be easily accepted in Adsense. Thanks for the reliable information provided Mr. Alexandoy. I have been in a search for the best blog hosting site to write on and I think your referral is quite credible enough for me.
I haven't heard any complaints from newbies in Blogger on difficulties in joining. All you need to do is to create an account with your personal info and that's it. Just remember that Blogger.com is the mother site and your blog will placed in blogspot.com. It's funny but some newbies are confused because they would ask how they can find their blog. When you have posted a blog, that's the time to create an Adsense account using your blog address as reference (Adsense requires a website or blog for approval).

nytegeek

I recommend using a self hosted or paid option but there is no reason you can't go the free route. It is much easier to monetize the site if you choose a paid option however. Blogger and the like are fine for personal use.

Rubie

I haven't heard any complaints from newbies in Blogger on difficulties in joining. All you need to do is to create an account with your personal info and that's it. Just remember that Blogger.com is the mother site and your blog will placed in blogspot.com. It's funny but some newbies are confused because they would ask how they can find their blog. When you have posted a blog, that's the time to create an Adsense account using your blog address as reference (Adsense requires a website or blog for approval).
I'll give it a try then. How would be my domain name would look like? Am I the one to choose my desired domain or it is a system generated domàin already? Thank you.

Blogger and Wordpress are the most popular free blog hosting website. There are some others in the business, but not as popular as them.

Many try with Weebly, Tumblr, and Xanga as per their choice and requirement. I, though, have used the service of Edublogs as mine is an education based blog. In the initial stage, it is better to have a free service than to a paid one. You can always switch to a better option if the blog becomes successful in monetizing.

I'll give it a try then. How would be my domain name would look like? Am I the one to choose my desired domain or it is a system generated domàin already? Thank you.
Since I had created my blogs a long time ago, I am not sure if the same rule stands. My chosen blog name is petizone since it is all about our pets. When I submitted it to Blogger.com, the full address is www.petizone.blogspot.com. (Pardon me for posting my blog, there is no intention to promote but it would be a good model for a newbie aspiring to create a blog). I have another 2 blogs in the same vein.

Rubie

Thank you for the information @Alexandoy. That only means the basis of your domain name is your blog name. It isn't that long, and quite easy to remember. Its just a matter of experimenting a bit to have it precise.

Top Bottom