• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Where do you get your images?

Do you create most of your own images or do you purchase some as well? Where do you buy them? Which site offers the best quality at the best price?

Do you ever use free or royalty free sites to gather images? Do you ever "barter" for images ("I'll write some content for you if you create an image for me," stuff like that).

I don't buy images... Why would you buy? Unless I need a really specific one I wouldn't buy an image. You have loads of sites that offers beautiful images completely free of rights. And when I find an image that I like a lot I try to contact the owner, if I can't I just put the URL where I got the image from.

I can give you some sites where you can have free images if you want!

I have never bought any images. I can create something out of nothing. I'm very creative, so I make my own stuff. I love photography and I do photography, so there is no need for me to buy any images. I prefer to make my own stuff. Plus, Google and other search engines are filled with countless images of everything and they're free to copy or save

My website is not an image intensive website and I can very well do with out purchasing the images. On the other hand, there are many websites which provide good quality image with out really investing a lot of bucks. Once in a while I need some images and I create them my own and that's fun.

I have never bought images before, there are many images out there that are free to use if you only give copyrights.
I haven't even ever paid for my graphics because I can do my own with Gimp and Picasa (paid graphic program).
If you are searching for good quality pictures that go to this website:
https://pixabay.com/
I have been taking my images from there, for ages and never paid for them. There's way more beneficial opportunities to spend your money on.

I have tons of photos. Since I got my own digital camera, I would take photos of every occasion and sometimes even if there is no occasion, I would point and shoot anything that catches my fancy. Not only pictures but videos as well. It didn't occur to me that those shots could serve me well when I would join writing sites. So I need not get photos from other sites for posting because I have my own library. And I am currently contemplating if I would upload those photos in sites that sell photos, where I could earn money from.

I have tons of photos. Since I got my own digital camera, I would take photos of every occasion and sometimes even if there is no occasion, I would point and shoot anything that catches my fancy. Not only pictures but videos as well. It didn't occur to me that those shots could serve me well when I would join writing sites. So I need not get photos from other sites for posting because I have my own library. And I am currently contemplating if I would upload those photos in sites that sell photos, where I could earn money from.
It's never a bad idea to make money with your photos, if they are very good quality.
Would you make your own website for selling your photos or would you just advertise?

I use a lot of royalty free public domain photography from Wikimedia commons and Pixabay. Sometimes I take my own pictures because the pictures that I need is available on my environment. That is how In get the pictures that I needed. Sometimes I resort to drawings because there are moments when hand drawn art is actually more necessary than actual photographs or pictures. You can also consider hiring some photographers on fiverr. They charge for their services for the low cost of 5 US dollars. Those are the only options I can think of. I hope that I am being helpful in some ways.

It's never a bad idea to make money with your photos, if they are very good quality.
Would you make your own website for selling your photos or would you just advertise?
A friend told me about sites where I can upload photos. Those sites would be the one to sell the photos. From what I remember, Fotolia was one, I don't have the list here so my mind slipped on the other 2 sites. However, I am not keen on going to those sites because I don't feel enthusiastic anymore. I have uploaded many videos on youtube and until now the analytics say that I still haven't earned a cent. So I think it would be much harder to earn money with my photos.

Bilby

I bought stock for my blogs when it was cheaper and free sites had limited options. Now I use mainly free sites searching for the category that is suitable based on whether or not that site is monetized.

I do also take my own pictures and I used to sell quite a lot as stock. The best way to do that is selling via a site like shutterstock or istockphotos because that is where most customers who buy regularly go. The standards you have to meet just keep getting higher though do now I sell less photography and more stock illustrations.

Tal

I create my own images, with my camera. I also make my own web design with Adobe illustrator or photoshop. I don't like buying creativity stuff online, because I can do it by myself.

A friend told me about sites where I can upload photos. Those sites would be the one to sell the photos. From what I remember, Fotolia was one, I don't have the list here so my mind slipped on the other 2 sites. However, I am not keen on going to those sites because I don't feel enthusiastic anymore. I have uploaded many videos on youtube and until now the analytics say that I still haven't earned a cent. So I think it would be much harder to earn money with my photos.
Oh you should never give up, there's many ways to drive more traffic to your videos, you might success in the near future.
Would you mind sharing the youtube video links with us? We would be very interested in watching your videos. :)

I create my own images, with my camera. I also make my own web design with Adobe illustrator or photoshop. I don't like buying creativity stuff online, because I can do it by myself.
Exactly, every person is creative in his/her own way, and is able to make his/her photos. It's not something we aren't able to do.

Kennito

Getting images for a website quiet a big challenge. Personally, I try to search for creative common images or use copyrighted images and give credit to the owner of the images.

I have never bought any images. I can create something out of nothing. I'm very creative, so I make my own stuff. I love photography and I do photography, so there is no need for me to buy any images. I prefer to make my own stuff. Plus, Google and other search engines are filled with countless images of everything and they're free to copy or save

Yeah, Google has everything. I used to create my things too adn never bought a image. Nowadays I do not have time to create my things, but I always have ideas.

Yeah, Google has everything. I used to create my things too adn never bought a image. Nowadays I do not have time to create my things, but I always have ideas.
Keep working on them. If you have ideas, put them out there. You never know what may happen. They may grow big. Do you sell photography? If you do, I know tons of websites and apps that you can try your luck with

Oh you should never give up, there's many ways to drive more traffic to your videos, you might success in the near future.
Would you mind sharing the youtube video links with us? We would be very interested in watching your videos. :)
Okay, I hope I wouldn't be banned in this site for posting the link of my video. This is DRUMMIN DREAM, my latest MTV that has 59 views only as of todate. I created it on my own accord and used my original composition for the song - it's not good to use cover song because the copyright infringement will kill your monetization. Maybe if this video gets a thousand views then I can somehow earn a few pennies. But anyway, please view my MTV with caution, waheehee. That's me, okay? Here is the youtube link -

Thanks for sharing that information. My friend loves to take photos. She has hundreds of backgrounds and everything. I will make sure that I share this info with her.

supersash

I have never bought pics for my site too, because I use my own pictures / images (pictures taken busing my own cam). As much as I can, I try to avoid using pics from search engines because of royalty or copyright issues. Although some of my bosses provided me with their personal access to sites that sell photos or images.

I always use pixabay for my articles. They have a huge collection of very high quality images. I never find it difficult to get images related to the content of my articles. I never use images for from other sites. Why should I take the risk of losing my account because of this simple mistake.

Having a relevant image in your article is a great thing that can add life to your content. Your article will look more professional and it also helps to have more viewers.:) So, pixabay is the best and safest choice for me.

Top Bottom