• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Where do you buy content?

If you purchase content for your blog or site, where do you buy it? Do you hire individual writers? Do you go through content mills? Maybe you use a specific one. Have you tried sites like Fiverr or other "task" sites?

Where have you had your best experience in hiring someone to create content for you?

lludawg

I have tried Fiverr and I have also hired cheap personal writers. In my honest opinion, I really prefer writing the articles myself. I feel like when you hire people, they do basic research and sometimes rush through their work. I remember I hired someone on Fiverr to write an article for my skincare site. Unfortunately, the writer just did not know enough about the subject and I ended up doing a lot of editing. If you can take the time to research and write your own high-quality articles, you will most likely be more satisfied with your work and the results will show. Managing a blog is not an easy task and it definitely takes hard work!

If you are talking about a site maintained by an individual for his or her personal interest - I'd say writing your articles should be a preferred way of doing it. As Lludawg indicated that even if you hire someone you might end up doing a lot of editing and will spend more time than writing it yourself at first place.

However, if the website is representing a company - hiring subject matter expert does make a lot of sense and will do good for the website and company.

I sell my content writing, usually different individuals get in contact with me, and they pay around 5$-10$ for good quality 500 words article.
You can try searching for writers on fiverr, but often they are just fair quality writers, also iWriter is going to provide you with different paid writers.
Apart from that you can also visit elance and advertise there for content writing. :)

sbatz1972

Wow, you have given me quite a good idea. I have a fiverr account. But, I have a workers account. I do not have a purchasers account. Maybe, I can set up the account to do something like this. I can write articles for others and get $5 for each article. I really hate those article writing sites that offer a dollar or two. I like to get paid a little bit more than that for my time.

1. hi @Sbatz, i got to agree with everyone here, writing your own content is the better option. However, you may not always have time or the expertise needed to write for your blog posts. Personally, i would suggest hiring a fulltime blogger. This way, you can have a long term relation from planning to execution. An experienced blogger is in a better positiont to understand your point of view. You can get a great blogger at problogger job boards; check their previous jobs and make them write you a sample just to be sure.

I found that one good place is Fiverr. I know that sometimes people don't think it's good just because the people on there only want to make a quick buck, but some people are good. You want to make sure that you are looking at the people who have the highest ratings. If they don't have a good rating, then I won't buy from them. If they do have a good rating, then I will buy from them. I just want to make sure that the work they are doing is good enough to spend $5 or more on.

I don't buy content. If you own a website or a blog, I think it is much better to create your own content based on your ideas and experiences. It would really save you a lot of money. Anyway, I have heard that Constant Content is a good marketplace website for purchasing quality content.

Kennito

I purchase my contents in fiverr. I was thinking of trying micro worker such as mturk since they are cheap but I am still not certain on the quality of their job.

I am a writer myself, therefore, I don't have to hire other writers to write for me. I sell my articles via freelancer sites. I bid on writing jobs on freelancer sites and when I have the contract, I write for the clients. (You can buy contents from me if you want. LOL)

However, if I ever need articles, I will post the writing job on a freelancer site and hire writers to write for me. On freelancer sites I can find good writers willing to write on low budget (because everyone wants to write these days).

cwvps

I create my own content, but if you wish to buy it, then I would recommend UpWork and Digital Point, as well as market sections on many other forums.

Enyi

I get writers from freelancing sites like upwork to write my contents that is if I'm very busy because I like to write my contents myself.I try to use a very good writer though.

Cassiel

I've posted a few jobs at upwork, and I lucked out with the articles I received from the postings. I found a couple of writers that were great at making content, and I've kept in touch with them for freelance work that I might need. It's a little expensive, but the quality of the work is well worth it.

But when I have time to write articles and do the research myself, I like to think that the content I produce is decent enough in quality to stand with works that I have commissioned.

mdayrit

You will surely find a lot of freelancers offering their services to write content according to your need at Fiverr and Upwork. There you will find a lot of options with regards to the writer’s capability to write good content and price that will fit in your budget.

I tried lots of websites and services selling content but then I finally came to the idea that you have to create it on your own of with your crew. This is the only way to run a high-quality website/page.

There are many website that run a content/article selling business. Fiverr, Iwriter, Elance, LinkedIn and many more are few website I can remember. Unless you don't have time or talent in writing I suggest you write the article on your own if are looking for a good quality that suite your taste.

Top Bottom