• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Hello Guest, We changed our domain name from aweb.hosting to WebHostingSupportForum.com. All users from aweb.hosting can use the same login credentials to login to our new forum.

Where do most of your traffic come from?

Sharon

If you run a forum or website where do you think you get most your traffic? I find that right now most of my traffic comes from promotion forums but other than pushing for search engine ranking I want to try to gain other avenues of traffic. Social media seems to be the popular trend right now as well.

reddyash

Administrator
Staff member
For my forum I get most of the traffic from promotional forums and small amount of traffic from social media.

It's a mix of organic search, social media and word of mouth for my forum.

But if the traffic is less I don't really like the traffic from social media - my experience had been bad about such traffic specially when you are running some program like AdSense on your forum. It can very well get your account disabled for "suspicious activity" from the same source!

When I had my forum (4 or 5 years ago I think) most of the traffic came from Facebook groups related to money making on the internet :p and some came from blogs related to this content, even some came from the google search engine :D

I think that social media is where I am able to get my traffic from. I will post online about my blog and I think that I do have a good number of people come from there. I usually only post on the places that I have the most followers or friends to. I also take into consideration the reach that I have with it. I usually try to post the most with Tumblr because I can use a lot of hashtags. I also have a very large following on that site, which is why I chose there.

It's a mix of organic search, social media and word of mouth for my forum.

But if the traffic is less I don't really like the traffic from social media - my experience had been bad about such traffic specially when you are running some program like AdSense on your forum. It can very well get your account disabled for "suspicious activity" from the same source!
I get most of mine from the same sources as you do.

I don't have this issue, but I have heard of people having this kind of trouble. I'm guessing it's because I don't currently have a lot of traffic, so there's no worry of it being suspicious.

I need to do more promotion. I haven't really put the effort into doing so that I should.

Our office website has loyal readers particularly for the e-magazine that we publish every week. Those readers mostly come from schools where we had an activity before. For our forum, the community is a mix of young and old alike but mostly composed of movie fans. But whenever we would have an activity like a contest or an awards night, our website would get more hits and the forum more new members. Unfortunately for the forum. the new members would stagnate after the activity.

I had a few blogs before and mostly the traffic came from social media, it's the easiest way to actually gain some traffic.
Also I knew a trick with Pinterest and Tumblr back a time ago for traffic, but I don't know if it's still working. ;)

Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are where I get leads the most. I just post on Facebook groups and get leads. If the person is interested in a post that I post, they just send me a message, and I send them a link. Twitter is the same way. And so is Instagram. Those three social platforms are the only ones that I have used to get leads

My blog relies toomuch on traffic from social media sites. It is the cheapest marketing tool out there where I don't have to pay some cold hard cash to get people's attention. I tried avoiding getting traffic from my own country because my blog focuses on something that is very taboo on my country's culture. I am usually tying to get demographics from westernized countries because they don't find my blog offensive. I won't tell you what my blog is about. It is going to be a secret here that only me and subscribers know.

I had a few blogs before and mostly the traffic came from social media, it's the easiest way to actually gain some traffic.
Also I knew a trick with Pinterest and Tumblr back a time ago for traffic, but I don't know if still working. ;)
I'm happy to hear of your trick as long as it's legit:). The websites I am associated with seem to be getting no traffic whatsoever. One is an old Real Estate site which really needs updating with a more modern look and the other is a new Insurance site which does not seem to be yielding much results traffic wise.

With respect to my retail clothing business, I get most of my traffic from Instagram and Facebook in the absence of a website. I recently started using Pinterest and from where I sit it seems like a great place to generate traffic. I welcome any tips or tricks for real traffic unique to my neck of the woods.

My blog is still new, so I have not started receiving visitors. But from what I know, most traffic for blogs comes from search engines. But it seems promotional forums are also a great source of traffic. I guess I will try them now.thanks guys.

I'm happy to hear of your trick as long as it's legit:). The websites I am associated with seem to be getting no traffic whatsoever. One is an old Real Estate site which really needs updating with a more modern look and the other is a new Insurance site which does not seem to be yielding much results traffic wise.

With respect to my retail clothing business, I get most of my traffic from Instagram and Facebook in the absence of a website. I recently started using Pinterest and from where I sit it seems like a great place to generate traffic. I welcome any tips or tricks for real traffic unique to my neck of the woods.
The trick with Pinterest is legit, but I have also used some blackhead methods before, but of course I have been using vps security.
I can give you some tips that have gained me traffic from pinterest.
1. Name your profile and verify your website.
2. Get the official Pin It button.
3. Use Rich Pins.
4. Ensure link quality.
5. Write compelling, targeted descriptions but careful with hashtags.
6. Craft useful board names and descriptions.
7. Increase engagement.
8. Keep it fresh.
9. Find your niche. (creative, that will interest people)

No blackhead methods here, only whitehead, haha :D
You will only need to put some hard work and dedicate time.

Most of my traffic comes from social media like facebook, twitter etc. Then the rest mostly comes from search engine like google. There are some direct traffic from returning visitors. At times, I also promote my site on forums that are relevant to my site.

JoshK

I run a blog which is solely aimed at the city that I live in, a lot of the traffic that comes to our site is from social media (our Facebook and Twitter pages) as well as a few clicks from Google every now and then. We also get quite a lot of traffic from local media - the reason for that is because I run a campaign group and we've been interviewed by several media organizations who also include our website, therefore we get a lot of traffic from there as well!

I run a travel blog and I get the most traffic from twitter. It was interesting at first because I had a big following on Instagram and it did not bring traffic at all. I told people of new post on Instagram, but people would not click and when I did this on twitter, I would get 30 visits in the first hour. It really turned my blog around. It does depend on the time of day you post. In the morning, I got more clicks that if I posted at midnight.

In my current blog most of the traffic comes from google searches. I usually use the most used keywords at the moment so I can get some more viewers and accidental viewers as well! If you want to get some profit from your blog/site and you have already a fairly amount of followers/sure readers you should start using the most used keywords over the internet to increase even more the visits/viewers.

Top Bottom