• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

When should i consider a switch over to a dedicated server for by website?

As you know having a dedicated hosting is somewhat costly, especially for a beginner. But there are circumstances when you should go for a dedicated server as soon as possible. Some of them are ;

- If your site is having thousands of visitors daily, a dedicated server is the best option keeping in mind the future of your company.
-If your site is a success, it will not be an issue for you to pay some money for a dedicated server. It is very essential for further growth of your business
- A site having a lot of visitors should ensure a good uptime. In a free or shared hosting environment there is no guarantee for a good uptime. On the other hand a downtime of server can adversely affect your business.
- If you are handling very sensitive data or information, a dedicated server is the safest option.

J Greig

It is definitely a good idea to upgrade to dedicated hosting if your website is very active in terms of traffic, however, you must also have the funds to do so. the good thing about having a successful website is that most of the time this pays for the hosting in terms of advertising revenue and different sales you have.

It can be quite costly for dedicated hosting, so I would make sure you plan and budget your upgrade before doing it.

You should consider some of these points then you can know when to move towards dedicated server:
The point at which traffic becomes an issue for a site depends a great deal on what the site delivers.
Is the overall user experience seamless and fast enough so as not to risk visitors leaving because of slow loading times?
If you want more security so the you should move to dedicated server.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if you are concerned about a limited budget, then you can try cloud web hosting too. Eminent companies like Google and Apple keep their customer data in cloud servers. It is an upcoming technology with a lot of potential. A cloud hosting system works on a network of servers and if any server goes down, the other servers may take charge. So, there will be minimum down time. Even though it is not as reliable as a dedicated server, it can serve the purpose to a great extent. It is cheaper than dedicated hosting.

But as every good thing in life comes with a price, dedicated server has its own advantages. It is the best option if you are dealing with highly sensitive data. Its speed, reliability and customization options are the best in the hosting industry.

I need a clarification. I have no knowledge this so-called "dedicated server". What is the difference between a regular server than that of dedicated sever? How does it function as hosting site than that of free webhosting sites?

tony

You should consider going for a dedicated server by the time your website begins to receive thousands of visitors daily. Also when the size of data being carried on your site becomes very large, and you can freely install any program. Though dedicated servers could be far more expensive compared to VPS if your site is well monetized the money realized from the daily traffic should suffice.

Goodman

Hеllо, it аll dеpеnds оn thе соntеnt yоu hаving оn yоur wеbsitе аnd trаffiс is bееn gеnеrаtеd fоr thе wеbsitе. Mоrе аrе visitоrs оn yоur wеbsitе, yоu nееd tо upgrаdе fоr dеdiсаtеd sеrvеr, bесаusе hаndling wеb trаffiс bесоmеs сruсiаl.

I would say that you should only start out with a dedicated server if you know for a fact that the site will end up scaling, but not for small websites that will have hundreds of visitors a month.

If you have something like a dozen websites, then I would get one also. It depends on the dependency of the server. What do you want to get out of the server, and will the cost be better managed with a third party hosting company.

You also need to learn how to manage your own in-home servers if that's the plan. It is work.

Top Bottom