• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What's the most effective way to advertise for free online?

I would recommend that you post in Facebook groups or on Instagram or Twitter or make YouTube videos explaining what your business is about and then posting your link in the discription of the video

There are a lot of ways to advertise your business/products/website online without shelling out too much money. You can do some sort of internet marketing and promote on various social media platforms. You can also join forums/discussion sites and share your content/articles there.

srock

Thanks for some of these tips. I'm definitely taking advantage of social networks and wanting to get into SEO. I haven't used YouTube much and I am curious how to go about getting views on my videos? Part of my business plan is to have a vlog. What are the benefits of Youtube vs Vimeo or other?

Doc Moose

You can also consider forum posting as a form of promotion. The traffic you will get is highly targeted and would likely lead to a conversion if you are selling a product. You can select five popular forums and post regularly in those sites.

Anywhere you can post your opinions for free will work just fine. Forums are a great way to start getting your brand known. Else, you can look at social media which can really boost your readership. Maybe it is possible to answer questions online like yahoo answer and link them to your site if its relevant.

You can also consider forum posting as a form of promotion. The traffic you will get is highly targeted and would likely lead to a conversion if you are selling a product. You can select five popular forums and post regularly in those sites.
Yes, I totally agree with you. Forum posting is an effective way of free advertising. You can have targeted audience there and if you earn a good reputation there you will have good followers. For example, if you want to advertise your money making site, take part in a forum which deals with that subject and most of the forums have a separate section to advertise your referral links. You can also use your signature for this purpose. But please be careful of their terms and conditions before using these features. I find it very worthwhile to spend time in this type of marketing.

nailah783

Craigslist can be used for free advertisement. Twitter can be used for free advertisement. Then there are other free classified sites. You really just have to google it.

I think taking advantage of your signature in forums give you a stable and effective medium of advertising online. But to be successful in signature advertising you need to be active in the forum. The more you participate in the forum the higher will be your visibility.

Also ensure display of only genuine concepts in your forum. Otherwise members may give up trusting you in due course of time. So, always check what is being advertised through your signature. Your reputation in the forum also plays a key role in attracting members towards your advertisements in a forum.

I don't think free promotion is actually beneficial. I post on social media, but don't get much traffic. I also participate on forums and once in a while I share about my business, but this also gets little attention. I think spending money on advertising will be more beneficial.

Top Bottom