• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What would you do if you attracted the wrong market?

My friend is a fan of Japanese culture so she decided to make a forum that is about Japanese Culture, cuisine and history. Here is the problem though, she got a decent amount of traffic and her forum a potential to be profitable but she end up with the wrong crowd. She wanted to get people who likes Japanese culture but she end up attracting Anime fans instead. Yes Anime is part of the Japanese pop culture but she end up having a forum that she did not ambition to do. So she decided to sell it. What will you do if your forums succeeded but not in the way you wanted it to be? Would you continue owning a from if it evolved into something you planned it to be?

Last edited:
Depending on your primary objective, when your site gets an audience that means your site is effective. Now, with the kind of crowd, that's another story. But as I said, if your primary objective is to push the Japanese culture per se then you may have the wrong crowd. But on the other hand, if the crowd is mainly Japanese or Japanese culture enthusiast (those who know Japan very well) then you are still on the right track. I would suggest that you sectionize your forum - 1 for general Japanese and 1 for Japanese anime.

i agree with @Alexandoy, adding sections to the website is a great way to handle the situation. additionally, taking advantage of the situation is always a great business strategy; personally, i would take that community of anime fans and interest them in other cultures. diversification should be on your plan since the word go.

Top Bottom