• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What will keep visitors coming back to a site?

I've been in and out to several websites for several reasons mainly in search of some valuable information. However, one of the key setbacks in my searches has been on three aspects:
1. The Web design (Mainly appearance)
2. The Web load speed
3. The Web content
These three have either cheered me on or shut me out from the websites altogether.
Then I've been thinking; a website is like a drinking water fountain. Nobody will bother to stop by a foul-smelling, murky spring. All the above aspects need to be in balance to attract visitors who are always eager to refer their friends.

NikSuks

Everything that you mentioned is important. I think that design of your website is the most important thing. Visitors will not come back if a website has a bad design.

As Web designers and hosters, could we also bear in mind that there are locations or regions where internet speeds are not as super fast as we would probably imagine. In these regions, it is only reasonable to consider coming up with a website that would probably adapt to the prevailing internet speeds. Why? The consumer is our ultimate priority.

stbrians

I've been in and out to several websites for several reasons mainly in search of some valuable information. However, one of the key setbacks in my searches has been on three aspects:
2. The Web load speed
3. The Web content
These three have either cheered me on or shut me out from the websites altogether.
Then I've been thinking; a website is like a drinking water fountain. Nobody will bother to stop by a foul-smelling, murky spring. All the above aspects need to be in balance to attract visitors who are always eager to refer their friends.
A website which answers your question and satisfies you will make you come back frequently. It is unlike a dull website.

In order to satisfy you then the website must attract you first. That is when theme and name comes into play.

mdayrit

2. The Web load speed
3. The Web content
Same here. I find myself visiting sites that are easy to browse/ scan. It should be appealing to the eye. Simple is better for me. Sometimes more graphics in a website affects the load speed that I end up just closing the browser and finding another website to visit. And of course, content should be useful, reliable and entertaining.

Caguioa747

For me, I think its the content of the website and also the background of it. must be pleasant on the eyes of the viewers to keep them coming back to the website.

bphlover

Good content is the main reason why I keep visiting a certain site. A good content, for me, must be entertaining and would pique my curiosity. It would also be appreciated if the site is aesthetically and visually pleasing.

Erika1358

Good content plus a professional, legit looking website would keep me going back. Common websites that would make me doubt the legitimacy of its content would be websites with messy designs, contrasting colors, and studded with ads. Of course, any great content would be useless if it cannot be seen by the users so the content must not be too heavy to the point that users and readers could not even view it.

NikSuks

Visitors will come back to visit the sites often if those sites do not include advertising that is not appropriate for them. Also, the pictures on the website should be appropriate, refreshing and new. The text itself is also very important. Cheers!

Top Bottom