• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

reddyash

Administrator
Staff member
If you were to host 1-3 websites/blogs/forums then which hosting type will you choose and why?

I would choose shared hosting plan at the beginning and later on go on to host all domains in a dedicated server based on web traffic and disk space usage.

I would always go for shared web hosting as VPS and dedicated servers are way too expensive, for a student like me.
So far, I have spent like 30,000+ bucks(INR) and if I want go for any other hosting, it would cost way more than that.

I am not willing to spend that much money for my website as of yet.

owen027

Free web hosting can be a good choice when you just want to build a non-critical website for fun. Some companies needs you to buy your domain name to receive free hosting services from them, while others offer you a free sub domain under them.

Ammiesh

I would prefer a shared hosting plan while testing the waters for my different sites. If at least one of the sites gain traction, I would upgrade to a dedicated server that will allow the site to grow even further and make room for the growth of the other sites. Although more expensive than shared hosting, a dedicated hosting plan is superior in so many ways. Dedicated servers offer more reliability and security as well as better performance for a fast growing and medium to large size websites. It means not sharing storage space with malicious sites. Likewise, it means having your own IP address instead of sharing the same with other websites out of which some may turn out to be spammers which can pull your sites down in the search engine ranking.

Anachiwo

In my opinion about web hosting, I think that everything is dependent on the finance of the blogger or forum owner. Free web hosting is a good idea if you simply cannot afford hosting on a dedicated server, because it can be quite exorbitant hosting on a dedicated server but be rest assured that the services rendered in a dedicated server is far more reliable compared to that of shared web hosting.

daica85

I'm using VPS hosting to host all my websites. It's better and faster than shared hosting I've used.

If you have no idea of servers and just want to host your business website, then Shared Hosting is the Best Hosting type I would suggest. Compared to other hosting types shared hosting is cheaper (economical).

Zayaa

I run my small blog on VPS hosting, I have full control on my VPS. If you have a limited budget, shared hosting is a good option.

Joshua

I'd recommend you to check out plans from hostingsource.com and yourlasthost.com.
People, you are getting what you are paying for. They could be faster on tech support, but they solve the problems. But if you compare the price against what you getting they are top notch. Have been to many “Big hosts” and these guys will beat them.

Top Bottom