• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What tld do you use and why?

What is your favorite TLD? I own a forum that has a .com domain name. ".com" looks global. I also like .net and owned a domain with it some time back.

How about you?

I think .com looks and sounds better for a site extension, and that's probably also why it's the most common.

.net is popular also but as for the rest I'm not all that sure that people can trust sites that don't use one of the two I've mentioned. They probably can, but people are a little more wary of the others.

I have a dot xyz domain. However, I wanted dot com. I could not buy dot com because I could not afford to spend a lot of money on domain registration (because I am a beginner)however, when I am more experienced, I will switch to dot come.

fabio

I have both a "com" domain and a "xyz" one.

When I registered the "com" one, I wanted to give a better chance for my website of being successful, I think people still put more trust on a com domain.

I'm not very convinced it makes much difference. That would be a good a/b test for someone to do, but that would take some good amount of money on marketing to have statistics enough to prove something.

The "xyz" tld is also blocked by the security software used in my company. I don't know how common this type of blocking is, but I would advice against using these newer tlds if your target audience could be affected by things like this. Some security people that there is too much malware in"xyz" and too little things we should access at work there.

If you plan to spend a lot of resources on your site, it may be worth using "com", but I wouldn't worry too much about it. If people like your content, the domain name won't be a problem.

Top Bottom