• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What do you look for in a domain?

Flash

What do you look for when you look for a new domain for your website/forum? Do you want the domain to be a short one? long one?

I like to find a name that matches the name I want for my site/forum. I also make sure it's as short as possible so it's easier for people to remember.

Before selecting a domain name, I always do keyword research for my site. After properly finding keywords, I decide which one to sue as the main keyword. After all this process, domain selection starts. I mainly focus on an EMD (Exact Match Domain) name for a business site. But for my blogs I select a domain with minimum words and consisting of my keyword. Domain selection is the most difficult task if we want to take our business to an advanced level. It should be done carefully.

I will look for a short name that is catchy and easy to remember. When I launched my website, I chose Vinaya Speaks as the domain name. Since this is my personal website, I wanted my name, however, the website is also a place to find resource articles, I added Speaks.

I will look for a short name that is catchy and easy to remember. When I launched my website, I chose Vinaya Speaks as the domain name. Since this is my personal website, I wanted my name, however, the website is also a place to find resource articles, I added Speaks.
We need to keep in mind that even if a domain name is short, it's not necesary that it will be easy to rank in Google. In order to get our domain ranked properly in SERP's, a good quality domain must be purchased. That must be done with proper keyword research and after selecting high quality targeted keywords for our site.

Mihailo

Well, I like short domain names. Like: pixel.com or klix.ba. I will always register .com or .org domain name bacause they are the best domain names on the internet.

Top Bottom