• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

what do i need to start a web hosting business?

hi guys, i am on a journey to search a good online business to invest in, i am thinking of VoIP business and also web hosting. i would like to know the details of the business before i make my decision. what are the basic requirements when starting a web hosting business?

I think Internet is flooded with web hosting companies and you need to really stand out from the crowd to become successful. As a beginner the easiest way would be to become a white label reseller. You can find a number of companies like Godaddy or resellerclub to create your own white label hosting business. In the meantime you will also get all support from the parent company. In that case, there is somebody who knows the business behind you.

As in any business, quality and customer service are the two key elements for success. They become more important in these days of stiff competition.

thanks for the information techseeker but what does label reseller involve? is it like inserting their referral link on my blog or signature and earn a commission whenever someone buys their subscription?

In simple words white label reselling means you purchase/rent a particular product and sell it under your label. In web hosting, you can sell the servers, bandwidth as if your own at any price you choose. Its just like running your own hosting company and all back-end support will be given by the parent company. This is ideal for anybody who wanted to start a hosting service and do not wish to get into the hassle of maintaining a server. Normally, in white label setup the customer will never know the actual owner of the server, but for them it is you who own the server. You can find a lot of companies who offer white label reselling.

kathryn

My web hosting business only took me finding either a shared plan to use, or a reseller package. I tried the reseller package, but the software to manage the separate hosting plans was to complex. It was not something I had the time time to set up and learn at the time, so I opted for a shared hosting plan. It has been working great for me and my customers.
​
I manage all the websites on my shared hosting plan for my customers. They never have to go into the cPanel or log into the server. I manage all of that for them. They do not want to be bothered with the backend part of the hosting anyway. I just give them the login to WordPress to they can make changes to their site, and that is all they are concerned with.

If/when I grow to having more customers and and a shared plan is no longer feasible, I will move up to a dedicated plan.

kibria97

business only took me finding either a shared plan to use, or a reseller package. I tried the reseller package, but the software to manage the separate hosting plans was to complex. It was not something I had the time time to set up and learn at the time, so I opted for a shared hosting plan.

Top Bottom