• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What are the basic requirements you look for in an ideal online earning opportunity?

As far I am concerned, a site that offers below features seems quite appealing to me :

1) Good track record - I always go through multiple reviews before joining a site. So, it should get more positive reviews to take a call. I also check details w.r.t. ownership to avoid any possible scammers.
2) Good pay rates - Even if the sites enjoys a perfect track record, a low pay rate puts me off.
3) Low withdrawal limit - This is very important for me. I don't want to be a prey for another "Bubblews incident". Moreover, I believe if the site actually wants to pay us they can pay at lower levels. After all it is the money earned by us.
4) Sound business model - It is also important to know the business of the company I am going to work with. If the future potential is not sound, chances of turning into a scam phase is very high

These are some of the factors I look for before joining a site. I am curious to know your views / additions to this list.

I also agree with the same 4 you mentioned because they were basic requirements most of us go for but I will try to add some to the equation:

1. Is it available on my area- I am not American nor Canadian so 90 percent of online opportunities were not available on my country.

2. Does it Pay with Paypal- I don't want to join Alert pay or any other money paying services if I will only get paid for few bucks.

3. Will I qualify? - I don't want to join sites with high rejection rates. I don't want to waste time just to get rejects.

Last edited:
I also where the same 4 you mentioned because they were basic requirements most of us go for but I will try to add some to the equation:

1. Is it available on my area- I am not American nor Canadian so 90 percent of online opportunities were not available on my country.

2. Does it Pay with Paypal- I don't want to join Alert pay or any other money paying services if I will only get paid for few bucks.

3. Will I qualify? - I don't want to join sites with high rejection rates. I don't want to waste time just to get rejects.
Thanks for your valuable addition. All of them are very important, especially the first one. Sometimes it gives me a headache when I come to know that the site is not open for my country only after going through registration process. In most of the sites they will never say this at the beginning. I know many people who worked for sites where pay rate was good, but when they tried to cash out they were shocked to see that the site was not meant for the country where they reside. That will be an utmost disaster, isn't it? Hence that point is very valid, I think.

PayPal being the most widely accepted online bank, it is very essential for getting accepted among users. You are right that we should check the feasibility of the site and check if we are going to make it with our potential. Otherwise why should we waste our time there time and again?

I look at the things listed above. I also look at if you have to pay a start up fee or a monthly fee. From research I have done most sites that charge are scams. Alot of people I know who work online say you have to spend money to make money but, I am not paying someone to do work for them, they should pay me.

I'm more concerned on the number 2 and 3, i.e. Good Pay Rates and Low Withdrawal Limits. I have joined several sites with vague rules on the pay rates, a good enough reason not to pursue my membership there. Some other sites like Blogjob have a high minimum payout so it's a discouragement because earning $25 takes a long time. But the one thing I abhor is the waiting time from the withdrawal request to the actual withdrawal. Shades of Bubblews, where you wait for 2 months for them to process your withdrawal request.

I akso think that sites should offer lower cash out limits as well. Even if a sites pay rate isn't the best, if you can cash out to PayPal as soon as you hit $5 then it's not as bad and your not waiting weeks or even months between payouts.

I look at the things listed above. I also look at if you have to pay a start up fee or a monthly fee. From research I have done most sites that charge are scams. Alot of people I know who work online say you have to spend money to make money but, I am not paying someone to do work for them, they should pay me.
Thanks for addition. As you already pointed out most of these sites are just scams which look very attractive at the beginning, but once we pay the money to them they will show their real color. I can find a lot of data entry jobs which offer high paying assignments to your inbox once you pay a registration fee. But when I asked one of them to adjust it from the money I earn, they are not ready for that. I know the reason is obvious, they don't have any paid jobs with them. It's just a trick to rob money from us.

For me one of the most important thing are the payment processors, they are the first thing I check when one site catches my interest, if it doesn't have PayPal I erase it from my interest!

Other thing is the minimum cash out, for me that max minimum (sorry for the phrase being somewhat complex eheh) that a site should have is 10$, more than that and it needs to be really good to make me sign up to it! And of course the reputation, I check a lot of opinions before trying a new site!

For me one of the most important thing are the payment processors, they are the first thing I check when one site catches my interest, if it doesn't have PayPal I erase it from my interest!

Other thing is the minimum cash out, for me that max minimum (sorry for the phrase being somewhat complex eheh) that a site should have is 10$, more than that and it needs to be really good to make me sign up to it! And of course the reputation, I check a lot of opinions before trying a new site!
That is a nice observation. I also feel sites without PayPal is not worthy to join. PayPal has strict rules in terms of sites getting registered with it. So in that sense it can be used as a filter. PayPal will limit the account of sites if they observe any doubtful activities happening there. This has actually happened to many PTC sites in the past. A large number of PTC sites had to close down their business once PayPal limited their accounts.

I think a legit site will never keep a high withdrawal limit if they really want to pay the members. After all it is the money earned by us, then what is the point in having a high withdrawal limit? If a site has a very high withdrawal limit I doubt its credibility. Bubblews is a recent example.

I am basically interested in sites having good pay rates and no restriction for the withdrawal limit. We should have the freedom to withdraw whenever we feel so. Another point is that there should not be any limit to the number of posts per day.

I definitely look for good pay rates and a good track record. I also read multiple reviews and testimonials in addition to checking the history of the site owner and how long the site has been working. The payout system is also somewhat important to me because some payment processors don't work in my country.

A lot of times the pay rate is not the most important. If they have a good track record that overrides the pay rate because some sites will have a great pay rate and poor track record. I have to agree on threaders list though. If you find a site with all three available then you have a higher probability of having a pleasant experience with that site.

A lot of times the pay rate is not the most important. If they have a good track record that overrides the pay rate because some sites will have a great pay rate and poor track record. I have to agree on threaders list though. If you find a site with all three available then you have a higher probability of having a pleasant experience with that site.
@ KimberlyD I think you got a point here. Some sites offer high pay rates and end up as scams. So it is very important to understand the business they are into and how the management earn out of this. Nobody runs a business site for charity and if they pay high rates eventually it will adversely affect their free cash flow. Then they will be forced to take extreme steps like scamming the users and shut down the site without any notice.

As you rightly mentioned the ideal site would be a perfect combination all these aspects. But it is really difficult task to find out legit players.

Top Bottom