• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Web hosting support

J Greig

So, you have chosen your plan, and you are comfortable with the features of the web hosting company you are about to choose. But, do you look at the companies support policy before purchasing a web hosting package from them? Not very many people do, and it can turn out to be a real hassle when something goes wrong.

For instance, I will only purchase hosting from a company that offers at least 3 types of support. These would include (but not limited to), Support Tickets, Live Chat and Phone. I don't mind so much if I have to email them, but prefer using the live chat or phoning them in real time. A lot of newer web hosting companies have started to use forums as a way of support, and this can definitely be a good support feature, providing they use and update it regularly.

What are your thoughts?

Well said ,regularly updated forums as a way of supporting is one of the nice feature for supporting customers . Because of this included support feature, on the discussion of any topic , customer will be able to get several opinions and can resolve their problem. In fact i am using go4hosting since very long time , it provide 24* 7 customer support , which is really appreciable.

Anthony

When I am researching a new host to sign with, I always like to consider the support element. When I read reviews that say support is marginal or terrible, then I scratch them off the list. I do like to have more than one option to contact them.

reddyash

Administrator
Staff member
I would always look for web hosting companies that offer chat, phone and ticket. I would also prefer forum support as you can try solving the problem through the posted threads with the same issues. And ofcourse the web hosting company should have staff all the time monitoring the forum.

The most preferred for me is the support ticket, if I get responses within minutes.

Having a reliable support team that responses immediately to customers is an advantage that you will have if you have so. Support is the best way you can attract more clients because with this you can say that your web hosting company is the best because you can resolve issues and problems that your customers are encountering immediately.

Support is not my first criteria for a web host, but I give much importance to support. Even though I prefer live chat for support, I also consider whether there is phone support or not. For me support ticket is the least preferred support system.

Top Bottom