• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Web hosting business or affiliate marketing?

Nate

Is it just better to send customers through a web hosting affiliate program than to take the plunge and run one yourself. I mean it's pretty easy money up front when you're an affiliate and you don't have to deal with all the headaches.

Chris

If you just want to make a quick buck then yes, I would say an affiliate program is the way to go. But if you want to make more money over a longer period than I would say running one is the way to go. You are already doing a lot of the heavy lifting getting the clients, why not reap all the benefits.

Affiliate marketing and web hosting are two business opportunities to earn money. Both have advantages and disadvantages. AM is easy to install or set up and WH is a bit easy but the maintenance takes a hard work. AM may not sound feasible if your site has fewer traffic while WH doesn't have to take on traffic. It is on how many are subscribing or taking their sites to be hosted.

reddyash

Administrator
Staff member
I completely agree with you all. Running a affiliate marketing and earning will be for a short period but running a web hosting company you earn for a long period of time. Affiliate marketing is easy and maintaining a web hosting company is difficult.

If you just want to make a quick buck then yes, I would say an affiliate program is the way to go. But if you want to make more money over a longer period than I would say running one is the way to go. You are already doing a lot of the heavy lifting getting the clients, why not reap all the benefits.
I'm pretty iffy about the whole thing. I would like to do self hosting because like you said, in the long run is where the money is. Then I know that I can make much more money by just referring hundreds of people.

I would pick affiliate marketing because I don't want to deal with any management of any kind anymore. Doing affiliate marketing is so easy, I can make a referral and get my money then disappear. You can do that with a full blown business.

I think they could be equally profitable. I don't really see any major differences. I mean, you could say the hassle of running a web hosting biz is tough, but anyway you look at it, you're always going to have to work at advertising. However, though, it is true that a lot of sub-forums exist where a web hosting biz, not an affiliate, can advertise.

Top Bottom