• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

We might be able to earn money with facebook videos soon.

For years there had been people who are making money because of YouTube. Before Pewdiepie makes 4 Million US dollars, Shane Dawson ,Ryan Higa and the Annoying Orange made millions out of Youtube. YouTube maybe a great opportunity for fortune and fame but something that has been around for a long time is opening a gate of financial opportunity for us.

I heard there are now people who are making money out of Facebook fan pages, just like how people make money out of blogs. I don't know how to do it yet but people had been doing and I would love to learn how to do it.

Lately there had been people who have their Facebook videos got viral and because of that, Facebook is now considering to open a monetization program with their videos. This article has been months old but anytime soon Facebook might begin a monetization program with their videos.

The news started on July:
http://fortune.com/2015/07/01/facebook-video-monetization/

I haven't heard any new details about monetization of Facebook videos but once it is opened, I want to be one of the first ones to take advantage orbit because Facebook is am large market but unlike YouTube we don't have an over saturation of competition yet.

The problem with this is that a lot of videos on Facebook are not exactly original videos. ytou will see a lot of videos with one watermark but on a different webpage. For example, you will see the Facebook page "The World is Happy" put up videos about good in humanity and a lot of those videos will be coca-cola, travelers commercials, or someone else's videos that the World is Happy basically stole and uploaded. Then they get thousands of views and hundreds of shares the creators would have gotten. Facebook is going to crack down on that especially if they decided to monetize on videos. Yes, people on YouTube do this, but YouTube is pretty good at shutting those down eventually.

I agree with @ThatNewMommy that posts in Facebook, whether photos or videos, cannot all be considered particularly those items that are shared. But still, that news is a good one for users like us to expect something from Facebook. That's the reason why I created a thread about Whzon, the social media that pays because I used to spent much time in Facebook and I got a bit popular with my friends but no earnings. With that monetization perhaps I would go back to Facebook.

So Facebook is all set to compete with YouTube. Who will be the winner in this ultimate race for power on web?

In YouTube in order to earn you need to attach your Google Adsense account with your videos. Being a competitor of YouTube, will Facebook follow the same procedure of using Adsense as the revenue generator? I am quite skeptical about this. In fact nowadays there are too many social media sites who offer good money to their users for being active in their sites. The very best example is Whzon as shared by @Alexandoy. I think Facebook is the leader in the Social Networking sites and they can use this status to their best advantage.

I am sure Facebook will not allow the monetization of videos that uses copyrighted material without permission. I just hope this monetization program will force Facebook to be strict on videos that will be allowed t be uploaded on their site because snuff films are being uploaded on their site. I had seen disturbing thumbnails from CCTV footage of actual crimes to terrorist hostage beheading videos. I hope this monetization will stop the uploading of such sickening videos that should not be uploaded. I don't watch such videos but I have seen them in the timeline of some of my friends. I asked them to stop commenting on such videos because it will appear on their timeline.

I am sure Facebook will not allow the monetization of videos that uses copyrighted material without permission. I just hope this monetization program will force Facebook to be strict on videos that will be allowed t be uploaded on their site because snuff films are being uploaded on their site. I had seen disturbing thumbnails from CCTV footage of actual crimes to terrorist hostage beheading videos. I hope this monetization will stop the uploading of such sickening videos that should not be uploaded. I don't watch such videos but I have seen them in the timeline of some of my friends. I asked them to stop commenting on such videos because it will appear on their timeline.
I'm sure Facebook will have a filtering machine for the videos that they would monetize. Just like in Youtube, videos using cover music are not monetized. I had posted a teaser of a short film that we made and it was flagged until I can present proof of the copyright. With the planned Facebook video monetization, I guess it will also be like that - non-original videos will not earn and only original videos will be given points or cents maybe. But for me, that would be fun.

It seems like every other major sites on the Internet is starting to offer its members some incentives for their contents. This is pretty good news to all who spend lots of time online. I am wondering when will Google start paying me for searches haha, would probably earn some beer money from it.

I don't think Google will monetize Google search because I don't know how it will give them favors. They already Blogspot,AdSense and YouTube for Monetization purposes. It makes me wonder though if Google Plus will be monetized soon because they were struggling to make it happen. Google Plus is more hipster looking than Tumblr and we all know Tumblr is like the Social Media for the Hipsters but at this moment, Google plus is more obscure than Tumblr.

Last edited:
I don't think Google will monetize Google search because I don't know how it will give them favors. They already Blogspot,AdSense and YouTube for Monetization purposes. It makes me wonder though if Google Plus will be monetized soon because they were struggling to make it happen. Google Plus is more hipster looking than Tumblr and we all knw Tumblr is like the Social Media for the Hipsters but st this moment, Google plus is more obscure than Tumblr.
That's what I'm also thinking - Google Plus will be monetized so it can clash head on with Facebook. And having the money to throw away, Google can last for years with that scheme particularly if Facebook would remain in their cheapskate stance of not sharing their revenue. At least Google has the volition to pay its users. So maybe obscure for now but if Google decides to make a great takeoff with that revenue sharing, I think it will change the landscape of social media.

I think at this moment Google is contented with YouTube and Blogspot when it comes to revenue sharing. The fact that Tumblr is more popular than Google Plus is a factor why its still irrelevant. I love the fact Google Plus saves game progress for android though. At this moment Facebook is the threat against Google because they were trying to compete against YouTube and they already own Instagram which is very popular right now. They also purchased the Occulust Rift, so Facebook might enter the console market soon.

deepa

Facebook now allows users to post short videos that upload automatically. It is actually irritating though. I feel interrupted and I just scroll down to prevent the video from loading but it does not work.

Videos that portray violence and nudity is a big put off and am sure Facebook will actually lose members. As it is, whatsapp is overriding fb.

I think it is a good thing that Facebook is planning to introduce monetization program in their videos like YouTube does. At least some people may benefit out of it. But YouTube is backed by the world's top online advertising agency, Google Adsense. In that case I wonder what would be the strategy of Facebook to beat Adsense. Adsense is the best paymaster for online advertising and there are a lot of talented people who stick to YouTube for monetization through Adsense.

If Facebook is not able to come up with a good alternative to Google Adsense to backup their video monetization program, it would be difficult for them to survive in the field.

I think Facebook can make a good start by inviting popular Youtube stars to make a Facebook channel of their own. People will want to watch content to someone they find familiar. I think Bleep Tv tried that but they failed, I don't think Facebook won't fail though because they have an advantage Bleep TV don't have and that is Billions of subscribers who always logs in.

I think Facebook can make a good start by inviting popular Youtube stars to make a Facebook channel of their own. People will want to watch content to someone they find familiar. I think Bleep Tv tried that but they failed, I don't think Facebook won't fail though because they have an advantage Bleep TV don't have and that is Billions of subscribers who always logs in.

I am highly sceptical of this happening any time soon, seeing how Facebook policies has always been about maximising profits for their company and ignoring any benefits for its users. If this is to happen for real, then it would really be something Google has to take note of since it would definitely bring forth a new wave of changes in the video monopoly Youtube has been enjoying for years.

ray

If Facebook will pay against videos I may consider uploading my videos provided they have a foolproof plan of safeguarding their security.

Top Bottom