• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ways to keep your blog fresh

What are some ways that you try to keep your blog 'fresh' so that people keep wanting to come back? Sometimes it can be hard thinking of ways to get people to keep coming back to your blog or website. You want to make sure that you keep your blog interesting all the time because otherwise people won't want to keep coming back. So, how are you able to keep your blog fresh?

One thing I like to do is to setup Google alerts. What ever the main keywords that surround your blog you can setup an alert in your email. So any news story or blog post surrounding that word will come to you inbox. This can help you to get some ideas for fresh content.

When I was active with my blog, I would be posting updates every week. My articles, although science fiction and fantasy, would contain photos that are not directly related to the story but quite relevant. Some readers would email me that they were amused with those photos. Those regular updates helped the blog maintain its loyal readers. However, when my mind shifted to more important chores, I had neglected my blog for almost a year now. So that's why my Adsense earnings had slowed down... to a halt.

Two three things you should be care about for keep fresh your blog, first thing is use the Theme which is appropriate, Always write the unique content don't copy paste because the copy pasted content will not get the traffice, and last thing you must do is SEO, If you don't know about SEO than you learn it will help you a lot in Keeping blog Fresh

@Alexandoy that's a good idea. I know that sometimes life can become hectic, so you can't always post so making updates wouldn't be a bad idea. I might have to try that out. I think that more people will keep coming back if they have something they know that they can look forward to. I'm going to have to keep that in mind. That does stink though that you haven't been on it, it seems like you had a good following on that blog.

@Alexandoy that's a good idea. I know that sometimes life can become hectic, so you can't always post so making updates wouldn't be a bad idea. I might have to try that out. I think that more people will keep coming back if they have something they know that they can look forward to. I'm going to have to keep that in mind. That does stink though that you haven't been on it, it seems like you had a good following on that blog.
Yes, my blog had a good number of following because I see the numbes in the visitor's counter. I have been thinking of getting a partner in the blog, not just 1 but several maybe, so that updates would be maintained on time. But on second thought, that wouldn't be me anymore because the writings are already diluted. So for now, I'm still waiting to have more spare time so I can write stories again. My ideas are listed though so I won't forget what to write about. By the way, I have 3 blogs so it's not easy for me.

Yes, my blog had a good number of following because I see the numbes in the visitor's counter. I have been thinking of getting a partner in the blog, not just 1 but several maybe, so that updates would be maintained on time. But on second thought, that wouldn't be me anymore because the writings are already diluted. So for now, I'm still waiting to have more spare time so I can write stories again. My ideas are listed though so I won't forget what to write about. By the way, I have 3 blogs so it's not easy for me.
Well, that's a good thing to have. I think that that would come in pretty handy so that you know how much traffic you are able to drive too your page. Yeah, that might be a good thing to think about, especially if your blog is starting to get big. I find that there are a lot of blogs out there who have people helping the owners run them. I mean it's hard when you're trying to live your life and run a blog at the same time. That is good that you're writing your ideas down because then you will be able to have something to talk about.

Always update your blog and post interesting/engaging and unique content. As much as possible, it would be better if your posts are very timely and relatable. Invest time and effort on doing a lot of internet marketing as well.

The best way is to have a discussion section and encourage people to participate in discussions. Then you will have a constant stream of activity from real users and not just readers who visit your site and probably will not visit it again.

What are some ways that you try to keep your blog 'fresh' so that people keep wanting to come back? Sometimes it can be hard thinking of ways to get people to keep coming back to your blog or website. You want to make sure that you keep your blog interesting all the time because otherwise people won't want to keep coming back. So, how are you able to keep your blog fresh?
Some people are saying: change the theme! Change the logo! etc. I don't agree with this opinions. You can change it for specific dates: Christmas, Easter... Nothing more than that.

The main way of keeping it fresh is to update it daily or with minimum of 2 days of interval between posts! How to keep this flow of posts? Subscribe some daily journals on facebook, read their sites for the latest news and do some comments on that. Do some contests and polls. If you don't have any news or any contests you can tell something funny about your day for example!

Some people are saying: change the theme! Change the logo! etc. I don't agree with this opinions. You can change it for specific dates: Christmas, Easter... Nothing more than that.

The main way of keeping it fresh is to update it daily or with minimum of 2 days of interval between posts! How to keep this flow of posts? Subscribe some daily journals on facebook, read their sites for the latest news and do some comments on that. Do some contests and polls. If you don't have any news or any contests you can tell something funny about your day for example!
Yeah that is truue, plus the more that you do change the more likely you will run out of ideas. That would be good. Right now I am trying to keep posting on my blog and sometimes I have a hard time doing that. It's hard because I don't always know what I should write about. I mean it seems like a couple of posts just isn't enough. I think that contests would be something that a lot of people could get into. That is good, I will have to take some of that advice. Thanks!

Yeah that is truue, plus the more that you do change the more likely you will run out of ideas. That would be good. Right now I am trying to keep posting on my blog and sometimes I have a hard time doing that. It's hard because I don't always know what I should write about. I mean it seems like a couple of posts just isn't enough. I think that contests would be something that a lot of people could get into. That is good, I will have to take some of that advice. Thanks!
NP! I bet you have some funny stories to tell on your posts about your daily life. We always have. Well, I don't know what kind of blog do you have but if it's the kind of blog that talks about the author daily life, opinions on the most recent events, some funny pictures/videos etc, I bet you can keep updating it, at least, every 2 days :p

PS: can you post the link for your blog? :p

Top Bottom