• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Voices•com , one of the highest paying online opportunities

If you have a decent microphone and you know how to edit audio files with softwares like Sony Vegas or Audacity, this site might be your chance to make money. Many people are making thousands of dollars by auditioning for voiceover jobs from infomercials. The biggest risk is the rejection rate. This site is like the Elance or Up work (formerly known as Odesk) of voice over jobs. Professionally trained and self trained people are working for this site.

If your speaking voice sounds good for radio, this could be your calling. By far I made 700 dollars since I registered. Voices really pays well but there is a high rejection rate. The audition process is like this, they will give you a script and you will record your self reading it and then you will edit the audio file and enhance it by adding filters and some royalty free music. I usually book one gig out of 12. The rejection rate is high but booking 1 is worth it because of the payment. They have a great technical support team that will help you learn the curves on how to use the site.

I am not professionally trained, I just practiced imitating the voice over guys from HSN infomercials.

Kennito

It seems interesting, but I guess it will be difficult for me to get inn as I have neither American or British accent. There is no harm in trying though.

Standard American accent is not that hard to study and learn based from my personal experience. There are some tutorials on YouTube how to learn them and they were free of charge. The real struggle is how to have the beautiful radio friendly announcer voice. I gave up cold beverages to make sure my throat won't mess up. My strategy to book gigs is to charge cheaper than most voiceover talents.

Wow I have never heard of this. Unfortunately, I am not a native English speaker and I do not have that American accent lol. But this would work great for people who have nice voices and accents. Also graduates of mass communication!

I am only a highschool graduate and I owe my ability to Speak English from watching American shows like Survivor, Numbers, CSI, Mcguyver and American dubbed Japanese animation. You don't really need superior educational background to do well in the voiceover industry. I have a call center technical support background though, so it really become an advantage for me because that job trained me to modulate my voice to sound better than average and they trained me to have to Californian Accent and Midwestern accent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a lot of voice over jobs and sites. I can do impressions pretty well, and I can not believe that I have never gave these sites a try. I used to make commercials in this film class (in high school) that I was taken. I should really go for it. I'm pretty damn good

Wow. Congratulations on your success with them. Kudos for a job well done! ;) Anyway, this looks really interesting, but I don't think being a voiceover is my true calling in life. I am not really good in speaking, but yes, this would be a good online opportunity for others who would want to take this as a career.

sbatz1972

Wow, sounds great. I am a trained telemarketer. I am looking for other ways to make money. I will certainly be giving this site a look.

Wow, sounds great. I am a trained telemarketer. I am looking for other ways to make money. I will certainly be giving this site a look.
You wanna know what is the biggest gig you can get from this site? An international TV commercial! It felt really nice when you get hear your voice on TV or radio. They accept both professionals and amateurs. I have a call center background and it really helped a me a lot.its not for the weak hearted though because rejection is really rampant here but booking one gig is really a good source of income. I do wish I am capable of booking more gigs. Sacrificing all those cold beverages is worth it once you get paid.

Top Bottom