• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Using twitter to gain traffic

Teg

So, lately I've been using Twitter to promote my site. I've noticed that if I use hashtags in my posts, 99% of the time I'll get visitors to my site, interactions with my tweets, etc. Do you use Twitter as a means of gaining traffic on your websites? Do you utilize hashtags?

If your Twitter account has many followers, I think it is better than Facebook since Twitter users are more active when it comes to reaction unlike Facebook users who just look and read the posts and most do not even click the like button. A noon time tv show here used the Twitter as a gauge for their popularity. The hashtag #Aldub was their campaign and it proved a success when they got 5 million tweet counts. And in their grandest show held in the biggest coliseum here in the country, they got 26 million tweets, a record not only in the country but a world record (in the top 10 tweets). With Facebook, it's not that much activity, far from the numbers of Tweets.

pecan

I hashtag tequila and next morning I found bunch of the cuates hanging off my notification tab.

I believe that hash tagging can help you to promote your content in the specific niche, like in my case a happy group of slightly intoxicated random individuals. People will like you or Rt you depending on whether they like it genuinely or they just need you to return a favor.

I was always puzzled with the Twitter bunch who follow/unfollow faster then a mosquito says bzz-bzzz, so I am not interested in Twitter because it is too promotional, too forced and I just don't feel related to that web page.

Twitter can be a good source of traffic, however, the big followers do not guarantee good traffic. Your followers must be genuine followers who take interest on the subjects that you are writing on. You can get followers by paying, however, these followers are just a number. You need people who actually interact on your tweet.

pecan

Twitter can be a good source of traffic, however, the big followers do not guarantee good traffic. Your followers must be genuine followers who take interest on the subjects that you are writing on. You can get followers by paying, however, these followers are just a number. You need people who actually interact on your tweet.
There is a tool called Twitteraudit and with it you can check how many of your or somebody else's followers are fake ( inactive, bits and so on).
I am not sure if it will give you a list of fake followers but I am certain it is a helpful application.

Binu

Of course you can gain traffic from twitter however, you need to remember couple of things
you need to have big followers
your followers must be seriously interested on your topics
your followers must interact on your tweets.

ray

I have been using twitter for last 6 years and it has never disappointed me. I am not too active on Twitter but every time I tweet each of my tweet brings at least 30-70 views depending upon day and time. I don't see anything more effective than twitter in social media sharing sites.

If you have a good amount of followers on Twitter it is quite easier to gain traffic on your website. I feel that users are more active on Twitter than in other websites regarding events so it's even better than the other social media when it comes to advertising. Hashtagging is a good idea since that's what twitter is all about and that way you will attract more people.

Tornado

Twitter does help gain traffic (at-least in my experience) because you get a community on Twitter and a bigger community on your forum :)

I have over 6K followers on my twitter, however, when I share, only 5 percent responds. In my experience, number is not a great thing when it comes to social media prowess, what matters is how responsive your followers are.

jb23k

I think using hashtags are a great idea. I have used twitter to gain traffic to my blog before and it worked. The hashtags help you find the right audience and people who are into things that your blog or site is about. I use twitter to gain traffic a lot.

I prefer using Twitter over Facebook. I've always gotten more of a reaction from people on Twitter versus Facebook.

Has anyone tried just sharing specific topics from your forum on Twitter? Has that helped you at all?

tony

Yes I leverage on Twitter a lot to promote my posts and my site. You are right use of hashtag helps a lot in making my posts go far and reach more people, a kind of going a bit viral. I think Twitter is the best platform to actually share posts by hashtag of key words

So, lately I've been using Twitter to promote my site. I've noticed that if I use hashtags in my posts, 99% of the time I'll get visitors to my site, interactions with my tweets, etc. Do you use Twitter as a means of gaining traffic on your websites? Do you utilize hashtags?
I have a Twitter account. I have just used it lately to share the contents of my blog for one month I received a considerable tweets. It contributed much for the traffic of my blog. I am now on the process of using hastags by the use #. I haven't tried it yet if it is effective or not.

remnant

I plan to increase posts in my Twitter account though I have not started using hashtags. I have done some research and found that a minimum of 50 followers and 100 posts are fine to monetise your Twitter account. I think you can gain more traffic if you concentrate on a niche of interest and post your links to other social media platforms.

You should only Utilize Hashtags if your post have no relevance with the hashtag. You have to say something to make your post related to the Hashtag. Interacting with celebrities is one of the best ways to get viral on twitter because you are interacting with a person who have a huge fanbase.

fuzyon

It's a lot easier to get traffic from Twitter than from Facebook, usually when you post links on there people are more likely to click since that's the main focal point of the post. There's a lot more text to deal with on Facebook. :D
It's tough until you get a few thousand followers, then it snowballs.

ray

@JennyorAlice I agree, I have never got anything from Facebook except a few likes on my FB post because no one cares to click at the link but most of them feel that it's just another status update where as Twitter is always helpful in getting views which helps generate a decent revenue. I am proud to say that I have earned a significant amount of money through my Twitter sharing.

I do use hashtags but not that frequently. But yes I use twitter for sharing lots of links. Not only for my site, I also used to share article links of site where I am writing. Twitter is really good in bringing traffic. I regularly use it whenever I want some views on any site. I am not having more followers just around 1500. But still I do get good number of views after sharing links on twitter.

Again I am reminded of hashtag facility for my twitter account. I have enabled my Twitter to host or get tracked of whatever I post in my Facebook account or page.

Twitter is a good means of sharing blog contents. My problem, however, is those who clicked them. I have noticed others found those contents shareable. They tweet them and share them.

Top Bottom