• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Transcription

I am really interested in being an online transcriptionist. However, I do not have any experience. I searched for a few sites and I was really intimidated because the sites looked so professional. Any tips so that I can get into the online transcribing world?

Bilby

My personal opinion is that there are sufficent trained transcription professionals that breaking in as an untrained person would be difficult. You could try finding a freelance site or doing online training?

My personal opinion is that there are sufficent trained transcription professionals that breaking in as an untrained person would be difficult. You could try finding a freelance site or doing online training?
Thanks for replying. Freelance sites are a good idea, I will search for them. If I can find any online trainings, I will surely apply. The problem is I do not think our country has any online trainings. Even online schooling is not yet applicable here.

There are a ton of people out there, and if you're looking at professional sites then it can be very intimidating. Which is one reason why I almost gave up writing online. I'm still in college and didn't think that I would be as good as some of the other people who are out there writing. Given when I first started I was looking at sites like oDesk and Elance I think are the names. Anyways, those are all sites that have people who really know how to write, so I just thought I would never be able to make any money online. The more that I looked online though the more I was able to find that there is stuff online I can do. One way that you can start is with Fiverr. I made an account there and was able to get some gigs. There is always someone who is looking for something. Which means that could come to you and you could get your start there.

A lot of site don't even care if you are a professional or not. I think that I have a few sites that you can try. I used to go to this site that posted lots of legitamite work from home jobs and I think that I saw some transcription jobs on there. Give me a day and I will check them out for you

I am currently doing online transcription work for CastingWords. You don't have to be a professional transcriptionist to be accepted. I also started out as a newbie. You just have to follow the rules and work hard. Best of luck! :)

There are some sites that don't even care if you are a professional or not. I used to go to this site that posted lots of legitamite work from home jobs and I think that I saw some transcription jobs on there. Scribie is one of them, check it out. Here's what you need to know about this company. This company hires freelances with different levels of experience. This is a good opportunity for beginners who are new at transcribing or for those have never done so before to gain experience. They pay $10 per audio hour through your paypal account. So I hope that this helps and you get a job with them. Best of luck

I think you need everything to watch some YouTube video tutorials and read some online guides before tryng to do such jobs. You also need to learn understanding different accent. Imagine transcribing a conversation between someone from Alabama and someone from Scotland. You need to watch some for of media that shows different accents so you will be able to adapt. Another conflict will be names, I failed transcribing something because the agent's name is Izzy and I misheard it as Busy, Missy and Kissy. You have to familiarize your self with some names. I decided that transcription is of for me because I have to transcribe a conversation between a man with Southern accent and a Hispanic woman I have no idea what are they saying. To make it worst, the call have an static line.

There are a ton of people out there, and if you're looking at professional sites then it can be very intimidating. Which is one reason why I almost gave up writing online. I'm still in college and didn't think that I would be as good as some of the other people who are out there writing. Given when I first started I was looking at sites like oDesk and Elance I think are the names. Anyways, those are all sites that have people who really know how to write, so I just thought I would never be able to make any money online. The more that I looked online though the more I was able to find that there is stuff online I can do. One way that you can start is with Fiverr. I made an account there and was able to get some gigs. There is always someone who is looking for something. Which means that could come to you and you could get your start there.
Thank you for the words of encouragement! I am still searching for online gigs like transcription. I will try Fiverr! I am really interested in online jobs as I am a stay at home mom and we really need the extra income.

A lot of site don't even care if you are a professional or not. I think that I have a few sites that you can try. I used to go to this site that posted lots of legitamite work from home jobs and I think that I saw some transcription jobs on there. Give me a day and I will check them out for you
Thank you for the help! I appreciate it. Though I am not a native English speaker, I do have a wide range of vocabulary through reading books and watching television. Maybe that can help me in applying.

There are some sites that don't even care if you are a professional or not. I used to go to this site that posted lots of legitamite work from home jobs and I think that I saw some transcription jobs on there. Scribie is one of them, check it out. Here's what you need to know about this company. This company hires freelances with different levels of experience. This is a good opportunity for beginners who are new at transcribing or for those have never done so before to gain experience. They pay $10 per audio hour through your paypal account. So I hope that this helps and you get a job with them. Best of luck
Wow thank you for the information! I will surely try applying in Scribie. Thank you again guys! You are all a big help!

I think you need everything to watch some YouTube video tutorials and read some online guides before tryng to do such jobs. You also need to learn understanding different accent. Imagine transcribing a conversation between someone from Alabama and someone from Scotland. You need to watch some for of media that shows different accents so you will be able to adapt. Another conflict will be names, I failed transcribing something because the agent's name is Izzy and I misheard it as Busy, Missy and Kissy. You have to familiarize your self with some names. I decided that transcription is of for me because I have to transcribe a conversation between a man with Southern accent and a Hispanic woman I have no idea what are they saying. To make it worst, the call have an static line.
Thank you for the tips! Do you think an expensive headset can help with issues like you mentioned about the name? If I buy a high end headset, will it matter as compared to a cheaper one? I will watch Youtube shows featuring different accents. I am really determined to be an online transcriptionist.

Thank you for the words of encouragement! I am still searching for online gigs like transcription. I will try Fiverr! I am really interested in online jobs as I am a stay at home mom and we really need the extra income.
You're welcome. I think that there are so many places out there that would be worth it. You just have to watch out for the scams. If you can stay away from those then you will be able to make some decent money. I think that working online is a great way just to make some extra money. That's why I started to do it.

Thank you for the tips! Do you think an expensive headset can help with issues like you mentioned about the name? If I buy a high end headset, will it matter as compared to a cheaper one? I will watch Youtube shows featuring different accents. I am really determined to be an online transcriptionist.
I think you can excel in the area of general transcription. Your English seems to be very good and that is a very important quality required for transcription works. Hope you got a good typing speed too. In transcription field you will not find any shortage of jobs and you can earn pretty good amount of money. A good headset will be a great asset if you want to pursue your career in transcription. You can also look into other opportunities like medical transcription which you can take as a profession. There are a lot of institutions that offer coaching and certification in this field.

Today, I registered in transcribeme but I never did some jobs or tests yet. I am not a professional too but my registration was accepted, however, you should do some tests. I maybe doing the tests soon for a side income.

I think we just need to motivate ourselves and dedicate it working online. We should not be intimidated and we should always believe in ourselves that we can do it. If we will always say we cannot do it, then we really cannot do it, but if we try it, analyse it, and learn how does it really work then we can do it and master it. We are the same and even me, I was just saying to myself that I cannot do it, but when I actually give it a time to understand the process of work and what my client needs, that is when I realized that we should always have a dedication and passion on what we do.

I think we just need to motivate ourselves and dedicate it working online. We should not be intimidated and we should always believe in ourselves that we can do it. If we will always say we cannot do it, then we really cannot do it, but if we try it, analyse it, and learn how does it really work then we can do it and master it. We are the same and even me, I was just saying to myself that I cannot do it, but when I actually give it a time to understand the process of work and what my client needs, that is when I realized that we should always have a dedication and passion on what we do.
That's what I am trying. I often thought that I couldn't do it. But I registered and tried some tests. It's not that easy but I know I can do it if I will try it.

I tried transcribing for a few audio and the only problem that I encountered is using their syntax for background noise or for some word which is inaudible.

Top Bottom