• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Traffic from regular readers

One way of getting regular visitors to the site or blog is to first identify the target audience of your site or blog then invite such prospective audience.

When I re-launched our office website, our target audience were movie fans and also people in the movie industry. It was funny because our boss had ordered a flyer that was printed on expensive paper, actually hard paper, that it looked like a wedding invitation. When there is an affair in the industry, we would be there to distribute those flyers. And for my part, we used the emails to invite people.

Mixing offline with online marketing is never a bad idea. As long as you have got the time and so much passion for the development and success of your website, then being innovative is never a wrong thing. And yes, there is a huge possibility that you will get more traffic from regular audience/readers.

I don't really want to target people from my own country to find my blog so offline marketing won't work for me because my opinions on my blog were too liberal and provocative for the standards of my super conservative country. My blog persona is like my alter ego because there are topics that I want to discuss that is normal in the west but were too taboo in my country. If I own an online business that sell products on Etsy,Olx And Ebay, then offline marketing will be part of my option. Its a bit discouraging because to do offline marketing because people usually throws away the banners.

Mixing offline with online marketing is never a bad idea. As long as you have got the time and so much passion for the development and success of your website, then being innovative is never a wrong thing. And yes, there is a huge possibility that you will get more traffic from regular audience/readers.

I could not agree with you more. People are so caught up in the online world that they forget about what is offline. I know that I have taken pictures of website names while I was out and about and I visited them later. Great idea.

Most of the traffic for my online articles come from my loyal readers. Most of the comments on my articles are from the readers who read my contents regularly. In order to get regular traffic from your regular readers, you need to interact as much as you can and always reciprocate (get back to the contents of your readers)

Any form of marketing is good for a site, and as long as people are getting to know about it, it doesn't matter to much if it's online or offline promotion that's bringing the visitors.

With any site, the key to success is the amount of traffic you bring through and the better advertised your site is, the more chances you'll have of being to build up a loyal fan base.

I think a mix of offline and online marketing is good, but only to some extent. Nowadays as @alyssasmith has already mentioned, people are no more interested in offline advertisement and pay no heed to what is being said on papers. Most of them always use net to know everything in their life, starting from reading newspapers to shopping. So, I think online marketing would be more effective than offline marketing as people are more inclined towards online stuff.

But offline advertisements like newspapers has still some steam left as a category of people still believe in offline reading.

nailah783

Even when we do have our regular visitors it is important to market, whether it was online or offline. Your boss was absolutely right in his thinking. I bet it made a real difference and impact on the views on your site.

I have a blogsite in Blogjob by which it is all about mainstream music. Of course, my target audience were music lovers, primarily those who loves mainstream music. So far, I am gaining views everyday though quite low in number. Last month, I only garnered 300 views, but it surged a little to more than 330 as of now. The month is not yet over so there's a possibility that it will increase.

I also joined Blogjob a few weeks back, but not active there. I think you should put deliberate efforts to market your blog so that you can earn more points in Blogjob. The best option would be to join a forum that deals with music as a topic. As you gradually build up your reputation there you can indirectly advertise your blog there.

But yes, it is a time consuming activity, but it does give you good results over time. The major advantage is that you got targeted audience there. All the members would be interested in music and anything that is related to music. In some forums you can also use your signature space for advertising.

I also joined Blogjob a few weeks back, but not active there. I think you should put deliberate efforts to market your blog so that you can earn more points in Blogjob. The best option would be to join a forum that deals with music as a topic. As you gradually build up your reputation there you can indirectly advertise your blog there.

But yes, it is a time consuming activity, but it does give you good results over time. The major advantage is that you got targeted audience there. All the members would be interested in music and anything that is related to music. In some forums you can also use your signature space for advertising.
Thanks for your comment. Noted it. So far, my traffic is gradually improving. I do get sone positive comments and someone who has an account in WordPress and external people subscribed in my blog.

I do see you in BlogJob before but I haven't seen you in a while. I do hope to see you again there.

I really wanted to allot my time for Blogjob as I really like their business model. But it is lack of time that is the bottleneck in my case. Nowadays it is almost impossible for me to find time to write an article of 300 words. Hope I will come back there soon.

It is really wonderful that your blogs already got subscribed by many. Are you doing any kind of marketing for your blogs anyway? I am very keen to know about it as it may be useful for me too.

I really wanted to allot my time for Blogjob as I really like their business model. But it is lack of time that is the bottleneck in my case. Nowadays it is almost impossible for me to find time to write an article of 300 words. Hope I will come back there soon.

It is really wonderful that your blogs already got subscribed by many. Are you doing any kind of marketing for your blogs anyway? I am very keen to know about it as it may be useful for me too.
Hope to see you back there. I only share them in social media. I also write some articles that are trending. Right now, I post an article that is related to what's trending on Twitter. Then I will share the blog article along with the hashtag that's trending.

ray

I rely upon sharing sites like twitter, stumbleupon and rediff, LinkedIn, pintarest, etc as it reduces the chances of repeat visit and in turn getting my advert account blocked. Then I keep on looking for good search friendly phrase and words that I use in my articles.

gabr1ela1

It is always the same, or a commercial well set to attract the target audience, it is quite hard to split into two parts, one with leaflets do not know if you can have an attraction for people, while advertising online best, because nowadays the Internet is the first place.

It is always the same, or a commercial well set to attract the target audience, it is quite hard to split into two parts, one with leaflets do not know if you can have an attraction for people, while advertising online best, because nowadays the Internet is the first place.
Online does tend to be the first place that people look now so targeting online promotion does make the most sense.

That doesn't mean that other ways aren't effective and a lot depends on what the service or product is that your advertising in the first place.

Top Bottom