• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The reason to start your forum

PlayBall

There are many different reasons why people create their forum. Some people do it for the money while other people does it for a hobby and to build community.

I have just started my baseball forum to build a baseball community. A lot of my family/friends are not big baseball fans like I am so I wanted to have a place to be able to talk baseball. Starting my forum has helped me to be able to do that.

Binu

Couple of months ago, I registered a domain, bought a hosting package and installed MyBB forum software on my domain. The forum was live for couple of months. I could not give enough time to my forum and with the lack of promotion, I could not attract members. Thus the forum was shut down., However, I am planning to restart again.

My only reason to start a forum is to find people online is to find people who shares the same interest. Mos of my family and friends don't enjoy the things I like so I am not able to talk about them with them.

If the site did well I will be monetizing it with ads. Forums is also an interesting way to find opportunities. Many of the online earning sites where I earn now were found from Forums. I will never be able to earn 10 dollars a day from Humanatic if one person from another forum didn't teach me how to use the site properly.

LeadCorw

The only reason i created a site/forum is because I'd like to meet new people and gather some people from the internet world and have fun. :p

I have just set up my forum. The forum is a discussion board to talk about everything, there is no any niche topic. However, I am finding hard to customize the forum. Can any suggest a free forum script that can be easily customized by a person without any knowledge of programming. I want a light weight script that does not show the script logo on the header.I tried SMF script and sadly I don't know how to remove the script logo from the header.

Our organization is directly related to the movie industry. When our website was initially launched before I came in, it was a static website with information about the organization. Upon my involvement with the website, I reorganized and re-launched our website as a dynamic e-magazine. The hits was good in the first week and it kept on progressing so our boss was just glad when I added a forum because it will surely stir interest to our website. It was good going in the first year and we had achieved our target. However, I find that it's not easy to maintain the forum because it cannot survive by itself, there should be innovations. But with the purpose of the forum, we are successful.

I have a forum, however, it is still not available to the public. The forum is titled "My Life Sucks." I am plannin to launch this as a platform for people who are frustrated over life and livin. This forum will let people speak about their frustrations. However,I don't know who to begin. I have a domain and web hosting, I even have installed the script, however, I don't have motivation to work further

Top Bottom