• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Taken!!

MeowsePad

Have you ever wanted to register a domain name only to discover that it was taken, much to your dismay?

I have been lucky so far because none of my domain names have been taken! There have been times where the com has been taken and I registered the net, though, which was fine by me.

PlayBall

Yes. My current domain that I'm using for my baseball forum. I wanted to have the com one but it said it was taken so I settled for a net domain. The thing I find funny is that when I type in the com with my name that I have chosen, the website doesn't even exist. Maybe someday I can get the com and then I can have both the net and com for my forum.

Most of the time when I try to register domains, I always find that they are taken. Sometimes when I don't want to compromise with dot com extension, I alter my domain name. When I don't want to compromise the name I choose different extension.

Most of the time when I try to register domains, I always find that they are taken. Sometimes when I don't want to compromise with dot com extension, I alter my domain name. When I don't want to compromise the name I choose different extension.

In past I wanted one domain name with .com extension for my blog. But unfortunately it wasn't available. So I have to go for another one by compromising with the words. It happens with popular extension for sure.

GraceB

Quite a few times, yes, but then I've either dropped the idea completely or gone with another extension. While I'd love to have the dotcom, it's not always available but it's not a big deal. Honestly the only dotcom that I've really wanted is my own surname, and having such a rare surname registering that wasn't much of a chore anyways.

I have experienced that, not many times though. I had to spin the name all over because I wanted to stick with .com domain name. One thing I discovered if you are going for names that are popular or a bit popular you are most likely going to find out it has been taken even if it's your personal name.

pecan

Have you ever wanted to register a domain name only to discover that it was taken, much to your dismay?

I have been lucky so far because none of my domain names have been taken! There have been times where the com has been taken and I registered the net, though, which was fine by me.
Yes, the good names are all taken but you can always pick a domain name with another expression. There are a lots of other extensions other than com, net or org to use.
The biggest problem is that the big websites usually buy off those domain names as well, so you are forced to 'invent' other more interesting name or just use a very long domain name that it is bulky and hard to remember.

Top Bottom