• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Social Media Optimization

V

vinaya

Social Media Optimization is as important as Search Engine Optimization. Online writer is also the marketer and promoter of his/her contents. If the writer does not market his/her works, he/she will lose traffic. Social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google Plus, LinkedIn etc. can be used as marketing tool.

Join different social networking sites, find like minded people and build a large connection and share your works. However, do not spam.

Your work does not end just by sharing, interact with your followers and connection.

Yes, I totally agree with you. The success of any business lies in the ability to find targeted customers. With targeted customers, you have high chances of winning. Quality of the Content also plays a vital role in making an on-line writer successful. Good content coupled with effective social marketing can make you unbeatable.

Nowadays you can also find a large number of opportunities to change your social networking sites into money making machines.

Social media promotion is becoming popular at the moment, and I think for any site or business it's definitely something to look in to. That could be either putting the social media buttons on your blog or site, or even setting up dedicated pages or groups on the social media platform itself.

There's a lot of people out there, and a lot of them use at least one form of social media. Finding ways of getting their attention is something that I think everybody should be looking in to if they want their site or business to be a success.

well said vinaya, before droping your content on social media friends and followers, its great to first prepare by gaining trust through genuine communication; i like to add friends who share the same interest, share information that is relevant to everyone on my circle and take interest in others posts. this not only is gains me real friends but also royal followers.

When your using social media to promote a business I do think people run the risk of over promoting sometimes and that can have a negative effect, and actually put people off from visiting a site.

V

vinaya

In order to survive the rate race on world wide web, you need to know how to shamelessly self promote. If you don't promote yourself, no body will come to rescue you. However, most important thing to consider while self promoting is "how much to promote" or knowing "how much will be too much." The industry accepted standard of self promotion is of your all your sharing, only 20 percent should be your work. In other words, if you share 100 links, only 20 links should be yours and remaining 80 should be someone else work. In the long run, promoting others work is beneficial because if you promote X's works, he will perhaps reciprocate.

Link sharing does undress traffic for your site aswell as the site you've shared but you have to make sure that the link sharing isn't all one way. You may find that your sharing a site but they aren't returning the favour, especially if both the sites are aimed at the same market.

Before you do agree on any form of link sharing, you have to make sure the site is owned by somebody you can trust, and your site is going to be promoted as much as theirs is.

pwarbi;n441 wrote: When your using social media to promote a business I do think people run the risk of over promoting sometimes and that can have a negative effect, and actually put people off from visiting a site.
You are absolutely right. It is a very unfortunate thing in fact. You can see the whole Internet world is congested due to use of extreme marketing measures adopted by various users. So, people are somewhat indifferent to visit sites shown on sites like social media pages.

It is rightly said that to win you don't have to do different things, but do things differently. This is very true in Internet marketing. You need to find innovative ways to market your sites and should stand out from the crowd. It is over crowded in fact. Everybody is busy promoting their links and honesty & reliability are two forgotten words in web world.

With the popularity of the internet these days you could pluck any topic out of the air, search on Google and thousands of sites will come up relating to that topic so your right that all the markets are over saturated at the moment and that trend is only set to continue.

When you have a site, like you said, what you have to understand is that you'll be competing with many others so you have to try and work out a strategy that makes people choose your site over all the others.

V

vinaya

Social Media Optimization seem to work better when you are targeting individuals based on region and interest. If most of your connections in a social media platform are house wives,there is no point in sharing your content about web hosting. Sharing recipes, home making and health will have positive results compared to the contents on information technology amongst the house wives.
Therefore, you need to understand the audience where you are trying to promote and market.

Knowing who to aim your site at is important as I think you'll find that getting attention from people who are already interested in a certain topic is a lot easier than attracting people who aren't.

I think for a well established site they can try and get more people interested in a topic but for a site just starting out it's better to concentrate on the people that are already in that particular market.

V

vinaya

Niche marketing always work on social media. If your target audience is 50-64 years, Facebook is a good platform because the fastest growing demography on facebook is 50-64 years. You must also take care of your target audience.If your target aucience is not active on a certain social media platform, there is not point in marketing your business n that social media. For instance old people are not much active on pinterest,thus you won't benefit much if yourpromote your product aimed at old people on pinterest.

Top Bottom