• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Should i get a dedicated server?

I have been running a forum..now recently, I have installed a wordpress blog in the subdomain like http://animemangaforum.com/blog
I heard that the blog is loading slowly when compared to the forum. Now I am confused. Should I get a dedicated server? Do you guys know of any cheap and reliable dedicated servers?

It depends. If your website is having thousands of viewers daily, I would suggest you go for a dedicated server. How is your website doing these days? If you are confident that it will do well, why don't you go for a dedicated server right away? It will give you some peace of mind, be it tech support, uptime or server errors. But that depends on your budget too. So you have to make a final call based on the current status of your site and budget.

I think you should get a dedicated server. Have you looked at Cloudieweb's prices for their dedicated servers?
I did. They are good but the fixed price is confusing me a little :(
It depends. If your website is having thousands of viewers daily, I would suggest you go for a dedicated server. How is your website doing these days? If you are confident that it will do well, why don't you go for a dedicated server right away? It will give you some peace of mind, be it tech support, uptime or server errors. But that depends on your budget too. So you have to make a final call based on the current status of your site and budget.
It is okay. We get around 9,000 page views per day and that's about it.
I don't want to spend 300$ for a month :(
If it is 20$ or so, I am okay with it.

I think , Yes you should get dedicated server. I would like to suggest one dedicated hosting services provider i.e go4hosting withawesome results.

hostweb

To be frank you need not get a dedicated server. If your blog is getting more traffic then you can try vps hosting, as dedicated hosting is costlier than all hosting types. If your blog has moderate traffic then I would suggest you to change your shared hosting company.

I think you should also try Cloud hosting which I heard is cheaper than dedicated server. The performance and reliability are also good. They use a network of servers so that if any of them is down others will take charge. So there will be minimum downtime. But I am still doubtful if it is within your budget of $20. It's quite difficult to find a good hosting service within that budget.

I think if you are getting 9k daily visitors you should have an approved Adsense account. In that case paying for a cloud server may not be that much of a headache for you. Hope you are earning well from your sites.

I think you should also try Cloud hosting which I heard is cheaper than dedicated server. The performance and reliability are also good. They use a network of servers so that if any of them is down others will take charge. So there will be minimum downtime. But I am still doubtful if it is within your budget of $20. It's quite difficult to find a good hosting service within that budget.

I think if you are getting 9k daily visitors you should have an approved Adsense account. In that case paying for a cloud server may not be that much of a headache for you. Hope you are earning well from your sites.
I tried that but they are accepting payments from only credit card.
Other providers aren't that cheap. So, I didn't have any choice but to give up on that idea.
Well, thank you for your suggestion. Recently adsense approved my site and they are paying me 1$ for one month :(

If the performance are good and if you are confident that it will do well, why not? But maybe it depends on your budget too.
Well, I don't think I can afford 320$ a month. I am not that rich and as of now, I don't have any means to generate income using my site.
So, I don't think I should go for a dedicated server as of yet.
Thank you for helping me in making this decision guys.

MeowsePad

I really don't think that you need a dedicated server yet. Forum Promotion was on shared hosting until about a million posts. I wouldn't recommend staying on shared hosting that long, however. I'm just giving an example. There's no reason to invest in more than what you need at this time.

erich

It honestly depends on what you want to do with your site/services. If you're just running a website, then no. There really isn't a need for it that will justify the cost. If you want to run a website or multiple websites and host a teampspeak or game server, then a dedicated server is the way to go.

If you do want an affordable option for UNMANAGED servers, then try Whole Sale Internet based out of Kanas City. They have really affordable deal for someone who needs that extra bit of power that shared hosting doesn't give them.

tony

If you are able to meet up with cost I think it's fine to go for a dedicated server. I'd advise this especially if your website is doing fantastically well in terms of traffic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom