• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Seo: dead practices

I have learned that some of the dead practices of SEO are submitting articles to sites like Ezine and to online directories. I have heard that doing these methods are now a waste of time. I wanted to know is anyone still using these practices?

supersash

I have learned that some of the dead practices of SEO are submitting articles to sites like Ezine and to online directories. I have heard that doing these methods are now a waste of time. I wanted to know is anyone still using these practices?
I don't know how true is that, but honestly, whenever I write articles I still refer to Ezines, Articlebase and other article directories. I also believe that other people are also doing the same. I find the articles very helpful though most of them are outdated already.

It is still beneficial to write articles and link it to your site because you will get more readership that way. However for online directories, it is different and you probably will gain zero readership at the end of the day. In the old days, online directories were believed to help in your inbound/outbound link and even backlinks but nowadays it is no longer effective. You may even get penalized by search engines.

Hmm pretty good insight. So just to clarify, are you both getting a good amount of traffic to your sites from Ezine? Or not. I know that I posted an article for an affiliate product about cheating and I got over 120 visitors in a month on Ezine then it fizzled out after 3 months.

deepa

If we write good content with proper keywords, we will get good traffic. Linking is good but it is best to use related websites rather than article directories. The google changes have affected such free directories. People even pay to write positive reviews on sites like amazon. Google has the means to check fraud, so it is best to rely on good websites for creating back links.

rf-harris

These methods are surely not as effective as they use to be but I am not sure that you should totally ignore all these directories and sites.

Yes, content farming is pretty much dead and you won't get any DA from them. You can even get penalized.
An additional dead practice I still see new websites use, are the keyword meta tags.

Top Bottom