• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Rude staff?

How do you deal with staff members that are rude to you or your members?

I actually dealt with this yesterday. One of my ex-mods deleted alot of threads that were in the trash even though I told him not to and he wasn't active so I demoted him. He then began to cuss me and proceed to call me some rude names. If I would have kept him staff longer, I would have ended up demoting him anyways because of his bad attitude. If he continues, it will probably result in a ban.

I think that rude staff can be awful because their attitude can make bad impressions for your forum and could even stop some people from joining your forum. They can also be dangerous as if they get angry at you or someone on the forum they could do something bad such as ban a good member or mass delete a lot of posts. They have a massive responsibility and if they're rude to you then that should be a straight demotion without even thinking about it to be honest

Bilby

It is never pleasant but if you have clear activity and performance expectations, and they are not met, then the staff member has to go. And the same is try for general forums membership.

If they are the kind of person that gets rude and aggressive when they experience a set back, IMHO the best thing to do is send them a single short explanation of what happened and why--and then cut off all communication permanently. And keep an eye out for them rejoining with a sock puppet account from the same or a similar IP address.

A forum is a social place that involves people. And being social that means there is a decorum and rules to follow regarding the socializing. When we hired my office assistant who would sub for me as admin of our office website and forum, I saw to it that she is amiable, polite and somewhat sociable because it is not good if an incident is caused by a rude act of the mod or admin. I'm sorry to hear about "miscues" by a staff. Next time choose carefully.

iamkkris

Rude staff can be dangerous to whatever business you're doing. If they behave rudely towards fellow colleagues then it would be foolish to think they would behave well to customers.

You could either inform them of the consequences their behavior would bring. If they still don't get it, a smart solution would be to let them go. You cannot compromise anything for customers.

Top Bottom