• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Rss feeds

It seems as if I can never keep up with the content demand for my website. I want to know if any of you are getting your content from outside sources. Or are you creating content daily. A friend of mine suggested RSS feeds... But, I am not quite sure about it.. Thoughts?

RSS stands for 'Really Simple Syndication'. You can call it as 'feed' also. If you are subscribed to a website' RSS you don't need to manually check the website for new content. Instead, your browser, where you want to see the data, constantly monitors the site and informs you of any updates. You can also instruct to automatically download the new data for yourself. Said all that - you'd need a bit of coding for it. Though with any standard CMS or forum software it should be easy to do.

For example, if you see this blog , scroll down until you see the orange color icon. Any link adjacent to it and below it is an RSS feed from this site.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

sbatz1972

I like the idea of RSS feeds. I do not like the idea of updating the content of my site on a daily basis. This is a difficult thing to do. I do not think that I would be able to keep up on a daily basis. I think I would have to purchase articles and other such things to put on my website. I like the idea of doing things myself. However, I do not like the idea of having to spend 20 hours per day working. I know the long hours pay off in due time. However, it is difficult to do sometimes. I find it very tiring.

When I launched my first blog, I had initially planned to make a daily update. The blog is for science fiction and fantasy short stories that I have a lot of. But when I estimated my stories, It will not last a few months. So what I did was to make the update weekly and later on it became monthly until such time that I ran out of stories and no new content for my blog. The frequency of updating is not that easy to fulfill and once you renege, your regular readers will go away.

Kennito

Can you actually rank with RSS feeds? If it doesn't bring any harm to your ranking, then I guess you should go for it.

Top Bottom