• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Reputable host reviews

DanTheMan

What is your "go to" for finding reviews when you are considering a host for your website?

Do you go to Google and simply search the name of the webhost or do you have a specific forum or review site that you visit and look up to see if they have anything about the host? Perhaps the forum you are active on is a place you can post a topic asking for community feedback on a webhost?

reddyash

Administrator
Staff member
First I would star searching forums that I would regularly visit and if I dont find much information the I would google for the hosting company.

Well, as for me, I would rather check their payment section.
Not many hosting services, accept payment from my local debit card after all.

As for the reviews, I do go for some background check a bit.

I have website with namecheap. I registered a domain as well hosted my website with name cheap. When I decided to choose namecheap service, the only point I considered was the pricing. Name cheap was offering web hosting charges that were lowest in the market. However, I am also satisfied with the customer support of the company.

You can never get the right web host without knowing what you need. Forget about our general list of top 10 web host for a while and think thoroughly on your own needs.

• What kind of website are you building?
  • Do you need Windows applications?
  • Do you need a special version of software (ie. PHP)?
  • Does your website need special software?
  • How big (or small) can the web traffic volume go?
These are some of the basic questions to be answered. Have a plan with your website and try figure out what will happens next for the next 12 months.

For newbies, the general basic rule is to always start small with a good shared hosting account. A shared hosting account is cheap, easy to maintain, and sufficient for most new sites. Plus, you can always upgrade to VPS or dedicated hosting in the later stage when your site grows bigger.

Brian

I just went through this recently as I just moved to a new host. I always go to Google and start to do an extensive search. I will comb through forums, social media, video reviews, review websites, etc., before I make any decision.

John129

I have website with namecheap. I registered a domain as well hosted my website with name cheap. When I decided to choose namecheap service, the only point I considered was the pricing. Name cheap was offering web hosting charges that were lowest in the market. However, I am also satisfied with the customer support of the company.
I have seen your post in some other thread. Can you tell me more about namecheap?. I'm also concerned about the cost. What is their monthly or annual cost?. Since they offer the hosting at a lower rate, there must be some drawback, I suppose. Did you feel anything like that?

John129

You can never get the right web host without knowing what you need. Forget about our general list of top 10 web host for a while and think thoroughly on your own needs.

• What kind of website are you building?
  • Do you need Windows applications?
  • Do you need a special version of software (ie. PHP)?
  • Does your website need special software?
  • How big (or small) can the web traffic volume go?
These are some of the basic questions to be answered. Have a plan with your website and try figure out what will happens next for the next 12 months.

For newbies, the general basic rule is to always start small with a good shared hosting account. A shared hosting account is cheap, easy to maintain, and sufficient for most new sites. Plus, you can always upgrade to VPS or dedicated hosting in the later stage when your site grows bigger.
You seem like someone with great experience. Can you tell me what do you exactly mean by shared hosting? Is there any security issue related to shared hosting services?

Top Bottom