• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Pre-built templates

Do you like to use pre-built templates for your websites or do you like to design your own websites? I personally prefer to use pre-built templates for websites as they are beautifully designed and are much easier to manage and create. I like to use ThemeForest for pre-built templates as they have a massive directory of beautiful website designs that are cheap but are premium quality. Do you think that using pre-built templates are not that good because another similar site could be using the same design?

techseeker

I think it is purely a personal choice. If you want to save time and effort, pre-built templates are the best choice. But in case you are particular about having a unique style and personal touch, pre-built ones are not for you. Yes, one draw back of pre-built templates are that it is accessible to others also. I think time and budget are the two main factors affecting your decision in this case.

V

vinaya

Since I am do good at web designing, I always use pre-built templates. Most of the time I god for free templates, however, if I find the templates being used by many I also look for moderately priced templates. Off course there are many drawbacks of using pre-built templates, for instance the same template is being used else. If the same template is used by a reputed website, your website will just look like a copy. If you are no good with designing, you can avoid this by hiring someone to design template for you.

I agree with techseeker, it's a personal choice though it also depends if you're a programmer and can build your own. If not going with pre-build templates is the only choice unless you choose to pay.

On the other hand, if you are building a commercial site - I think, one day or other you'd need to tweak it; for example, to use a payment method popular in your geographical location...

vinaya;n131 wrote: however, if I find the templates being used by many I also look for moderately priced templates.
I also like pre-built templates, You can easily find beautiful ones and apply it to your site. But as mentioned above, is there a way by which we can find out how many members have already used the same template before? I am just curious to know this as it will help me a lot to decide which template to use.

Yes, I know ready-made template has some disadvantages like lack of uniqueness and very limited customization options. But I am more focused on time, speed and cheap rates, so, pre-built ones are suitable for me. It also helps me to have a preview at the initial stage itself.

Rubie

I agree to the idea that it depends on how the website developer wanted to have his/her template to look like and for those who uses pre-built templates. A website owner has the right on selecting the best designed template for his/her site. But if I were to ask I would probably prefer to have my own creation of template. I am not saying that I am a good programmer, but at least I have knowledge in web designing and research is my guide. I wanted to have my very own creation of template because I want to have a unique design.

jkbos2

Some sites let you use there templates and your own html. I had a site on weebly where I put background music on there using html. I think it's good to use there templates and customize the site to your own taste using html codes. This is the easiest way to have a really cool website. Mixing there templates with your own html will assure that every one won't have a website like yours.

Hostizard

I am concerned about the security of my site which makes me fear using pre-built templates. If you are assured that your site will be safe, then you can use them. I have always hired somebody to design sites for me. It is cheaper nowadays to hire a coder than it used used to be.

moneyman

It depends a lot. For instance blogger has really narrow selection of ready made templates whereas other services may have thousands of templates to choose from.

kibria97

Once you have made this change, allow 24-48 hours for the changes to update across DNS resolvers worldwide, and your domain will be pointed to us.

Top Bottom