• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Phpbb

Sapett

Who uses phpBB to power their forum? What are opinions on the software?

I currently don't use phpBB, but the software was the first I used to power my earliest forums. I loved the power and flexibility the software had. I was able to easily install styles, modifications, and more. I also found the administrator control panel easy to navigate and rather self-explanatory. I always had a pleasant experience with phpBB.

I hate phpBB. Of all the free forum software that is available, it is the one that I will never use personally. It's so complicated and everything about it is difficult, confusing and overly-complicated. To upload a simple forum theme it is way too complicated and simple plugins require major code edits in templates which most of the time go wrong. I have tried several times to use it but never stayed with it.

I think phpBB is fine, but as @kingcool52 suggested, you must have quite a bit of "under the hood" repair person ability. Also, another drawback could be the fact that mods seem to be limited for new versions. For instance, the newest version doesn't have an official point system mod.

Top Bottom