• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Opinion about reseller hosts?

DanTheMan

So I am curious to find out what you all's opinion would be on web hosting companies that start up on a reseller hosting plan? If you find that the host you are using is on a reseller do you keep using them?

Would you use a reseller hosting package to get your hosting company started up?

Dewlance

Depend on situation, If you know that your hosting company is a reseller of a Big type company and their price is higher then your budget then its a good for you to stick with your hosting company.

If I have a lot of customer then I will avoid changing my nameserver to save $5 money since customer will be annoyed and maybe switch to some stable company who does not change nameserver every month or year.

I don't recommend using such type of hosts having a reseller hosting plan of another company. Because who know? They will stop the business and our site will go down for a long time. We have to setup everything again and it takes some time. Therefore, I always go with a famous hosting provider and buy a suitable hosting plan from them.

Nate

I did it in the past and did well with it. It really depends on the company that you are dealing with and their reputation. It can work, but you want to make sure that it is a company that has staying power and will be around for a long time.

Reseller hosts couldn't guarantee the security, the assurance of a website to be stable as online reputation is concerned. It is to the disadvantage of the owner of the site in which in the later part is controlled or managed by a new web hosting facilities. Though we know money if the reason for that but the consequence to the user's site status like its global ranking, its followers, subscribers, among others would be greatly affected in case the web host owner/admin is changed. Am I correct with my observation?

Reseller hosting is the type of web hosting through which an individual can setup his/her own web hosting business. The business owner gets specific amount of hosting resources that one can resell to the third parties. By signing up for a reseller package, you can setup your own hosting business with customized hosting packages under your own brand name.

rz3300

I think that like anything, when you incorporate a reseller you are incorporating a little bit risk into the equation. In my experience though, there are so many ways to do some research and find about the people or company that you are dealing with when it comes to credibility, which is really nice.

Actually, if one isn't well known, then it's probably a no-brainer it's some reseller. In fact, I don't even see the point of hiding it, though GoDaddy, Host Gator etc. will probably emphasize that the "reseller" aspect is hidden.

Well, in my case, I don't mind if someone using a reseller, but I would need to research a lot of stuff to make sure the company will last. That seems to be a big concern. These mom and pop operations often go under.

Sorry if I raise this situation. When we are talking of reseller host, this is similar to a middleman. Isn't it? There is an original web hosting and someone has put up a site acting as a bridge of reselling the host and putting some markup to the price for his commission. Am I not correct?

rz3300

It does seem like making sure that the company will at least be around is probably a good start, like Jason76 mentioned. It is strange to think about but at the same time seems to be the case more and more.

Rexy

Some of them are good, but some oversell a whole lot which is not very good and sometimes it's just better with a dedicated or VPS!

remnant

I see nothing wrong with reseller hosting companies if their plan is cost effective and they are trustworthy. With regard to this, going local is the best option, there are numerous reseller companies and something you can relate and contact in your location is commendable any day.

jakub1

I see nothing wrong with reseller hosting companies if their plan is cost effective and they are trustworthy. With regard to this, going local is the best option, there are numerous reseller companies and something you can relate and contact in your location is commendable any day.
I agree in regards that trust and efficiency as well as stability are the main criteria to take into consideration when looking on a reseller's website.

I might consider it. However, though, I'd need to do a lot of research first. It's because these companies tend to go out of business. Note, I had used a reseller company before - and, indeed, it went of business. However, though, switching hosts isn't a big deal if you know about site migrations, but what if the failed host won't migrate it and/or you cannot migrate it yourself?

Pretty much all the companies nowadays come with a money back guarantee. So you are free to explore different companies and pick the best.

Reseller hosting can be defined as that type of website hosting in which a web host buys bulk plan from a hosting company. The web host then sub divides the bulk plan into smaller plans and then resells the smaller plans to individual users. The reseller can sell space and bandwidth from a rented dedicated server. Alternatively, the reseller can get permission to sell space and bandwidth from shared server. This type of hosting is the most inexpensive method by which websites can be hosted on the internet.

Most of the website hosting service providers permits reseller hosting to boost their overall sales and profit. Recently, a huge amount of hosting businesses has actually infiltrated the World Wide Web with the growing number of individuals jumping online. To remain in the competition scenario, the web hosting providers look out for different ways in order to market their facilities to greater amount of people instead of providing the services to individuals. This further leads to business of the reseller web hosting account.

The Benefits of Reseller Hosting

1. Reseller hosting offers you room to develop and grow, especially when you have multiple sites with plenty of traffic. You will get more features and enough space to handle it all without having to use different servers or URLs to do so. With a reseller hosting, you simply allocate space without the need to purchase additional plans.

2. It offers more features compared to standard hosting packages. The control panel is designed powerful and easy to manage the site effectively.

3. Since you will have a dedicated server, you will have no server issues, even when things go wrong. Reseller packages from a good web hosting company will give you full technical support to fix your problems as they occur hence making the hosting maintenance free.

4. It is cost effective in the sense that you get dedicated server features at no additional cost. It is also cheaper to run sites simultaneously with a reseller plan than separate hosting plans for every site.

5. It gives you more control so you can manage your site as you wish. You gain access to a variety of features which make it possible to control bandwidth limits and usage of disk space among other website running aspects.

Top Bottom