• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Online data entry

I have found that there are some Online data entry jobs at the following sites:

Leapforce
Mturk
Guru

Have you all been aware of any other online data entry sites?

Doc Moose

I am fully aware because I tried them and had actually gotten data entry projects at these sites. I am referring to Freelancer and Upwork formerly oDesk. But you have to face stiff competition at these two sites. You just have to patient and not get discourage.

Nell

I've tried this, but it bores me to death. Plus you have to be really fast to make any money, and like KimberlyD, I am also facing old age slowness. LOL, KimberlyD!

I have found that there are some Online data entry jobs at the following sites:

Leapforce
Mturk
Guru

Have you all been aware of any other online data entry sites?
Sorry for my ignorance/noobiness, what are online data entry sites? I might be interested in earning some money through that, althought I won't be able to sign up to Mturk because I'm from Europe :s

There are many areas for data entry. My favorite is where they give you a scanned copy of a handwritten application and you enter the data from the application into their system. Basically you are taking information from one form and putting it into their system like customer information, orders, etc.

Kennito

I have never done any data entry job ever since I started my online ventures. It really sounds easy to me as it doesn't requires a lot of skills, but very hectic to get a job in several available websites.

Honestly, some of these jobs feel like a total time suck, and you do not get as much pay. I really think that being a virtual assistant may be the best way to go. I know that their are some real estate investors that look for VAs to run ads for them on Craigslist and to call people for them. Some of these VA jobs just give you pennies for hours of work.

I have never done any data entry job ever since I started my online ventures. It really sounds easy to me as it doesn't requires a lot of skills, but very hectic to get a job in several available websites.

The problem with these is finding them and getting good ones. I haven't really found any yet. I did have a temp job once where I did this and got paid very well. I found it through a temp agency that deals with online workers... I have not been able to find that temp agency again, but I haven't given up looking.

The problem with a lot of online work is we really don't get paid very much for the amount of work we do. I work on Mturk daily and earn around 3 dollars an hour. I am aware that working online may seem glamorous because you can stay home but the downside is we are competing against other countries for pennies on most days. On top of that a lot of places have caps on how much work you can do on a daily basis. Makes me sad... :/

It doesn't help with this kind of work that a lot of the sites are open to any country in the world, and in some parts, $3 an hour would be considered to be a decent amount.

If your working from the US or the UK it seems like we're working for hardly anything though sometimes, but while there ARE people in the world willing to work for such a low hourly rate, then it will only continue.

Pardon me for asking but how is the data entry done? In the olden times, I did a part time data entry job where there was the hardcopy list that we would encode for the program to use as input. Okay, I've checked again and I saw the post of @KimberlyD that the source is a scanned harcopy. I can understand the tedious job of an encoder and we call encoding companies as bodyshop. Just for a trivia, I took an aptitude exam in IBM Philippines for a training in encoding and I got a very high score... maybe because I am good in typing.

It doesn't help with this kind of work that a lot of the sites are open to any country in the world, and in some parts, $3 an hour would be considered to be a decent amount.

If your working from the US or the UK it seems like we're working for hardly anything though sometimes, but while there ARE people in the world willing to work for such a low hourly rate, then it will only continue.
Well, 3$ a hour is far from being good for a full time job... Only if you do it a couple times per week as a part time job. In fact I'm trying to do some part time jobs over the internet but I can't find any good one. Currently I do about 40 to 60bucks per month and with this new method I can reach the 100$ per month! If you could tell me some sites where I can search for this kind of job I would be much apreciated!

data entry is one of the lowest paid work online; i did some captcha typing when i was still new to the online job market. i have to tell you for free, its feels like slavery; you type 1800 words to make $1.2. i have hated data entry since then, i rather work at microworkers doing sign up and facebook liking jobs, it pays better.

Rubie

In addition, Virutalbee is also popularly know data entry job available on the net. You just have to pass the evaluation first before becoming a member. The evaluation is divided into 3 categories with different rules on what to key in. Your rating is measured through accuracy and speed in typing. I am still trying to make a 100% evaluation rating in order to become a data keyer.

If I remember correctly data entry was one of the first online opportunities. Back in the early stages of online work it was a great way to make money and you got paid pretty decently in the beginning. However, now a days... your lucky to find work in data entry that pays a decent wage for the work that you do and it is typically crappy work.

deepa

MTurk from amazon is a good site where work is always there. Other sites which started off soon dwindled because of the lack of work opportunities. As for Mturk, both requester and workers cannot cheat the system. if a work is not reviewed within three days, the worker is automatically paid.

I did a little work on mturk before but I could not find enough work to make it worth the time. It was mostly doing things involving downloads and cellphones and I was unable to do either one at the time. I have thought about giving it a try again, but I have not gotten around to it.

When I am starting to work online, data entry jobs is the first work I searched but to no avail. My brother encouraged me to do captcha jobs but I don't like it due to extremely low rates. There's a PTC site called Vilvin which offered data entry, however, the site scammed. I also did typing in Ayuwage but there were only few files recently. I applied in mTurk before but they declined my application due to my location. Right now, I am focused on writing articles or blogs.

MTurk from amazon is a good site where work is always there. Other sites which started off soon dwindled because of the lack of work opportunities. As for Mturk, both requester and workers cannot cheat the system. if a work is not reviewed within three days, the worker is automatically paid.
Hi Deepa, Mturk is good, but I understand that they are no longer interested in Non-US citizens. It is true that they accepted Indians until 2012. Their policy has changed now, though they will not mention the reason why your application is rejected.

Top Bottom