• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Offline / regular job vs online job - the main differences.

I think there are very few people who take on-line earning as a main source of income. Most of them would prefer regular / off-line job over on-line works. I think stability is the main issue related to on-line jobs. An on-line job is highly insecure and very much fluctuating in terms of sustainability and pay rates. The site we worked for today may not be there tomorrow. There is no proper mechanism to track the owners too. Moreover, on-line job field is full of scammers.

A regular job on the other hand guarantees a secure income. Moreover it is not possible to wind-up a regular business so easily as there are legal constraints to it. It also offers good payment, statutory benefits, good future prospects and a good reputation in the society.

Would you ever consider quiting your regular job for a lucrative on-line opportunity?

I don't think we can compare offline with online jobs. First off, the offline job may be the main source of income since most likely it is your livelihood. Second, online jobs are not that stable since there's no law that says the website has a minimum life. It can vanish today and we cannot do anything about it. Or the site will change its policy regarding the rate of revenue sharing and you can do nothing about it. In other words, sites that pay have the full control and writers like us are just pawns who have no right to complain.

I don't think we can compare offline with online jobs. First off, the offline job may be the main source of income since most likely it is your livelihood. Second, online jobs are not that stable since there's no law that says the website has a minimum life. It can vanish today and we cannot do anything about it. Or the site will change its policy regarding the rate of revenue sharing and you can do nothing about it. In other words, sites that pay have the full control and writers like us are just pawns who have no right to complain.
Yes, I totally agree with your points. The site owners have all the control over it and they can just disappear anytime . There is no mechanism to track them properly.

They can even change the pay rates without giving any advance notice to members. Some sites even change the earned amount of users. The best example of this is Bubblews. In Bubblews the owner who used to pay $.01 for every like, comment and view suddenly lowered their pay rates to somewhat $.001. They even adjusted the unclaimed amount already earned by members accordingly.

fatema

Ok, the main differences between a real job and online jobs, is that in a real job you have to actually do work, and online jobs you can just sit on your couch doing whatever. You have to know that on an online job, you have to work a lot of hours to earn a lot of money. It's free money, so it's obviously going to have to be hard to earn. If you are really motivated you can do it, that's what I learned. It took me years to find the perfect way to earn money, yet, I have to work four hours a day to earn at least $60 a month. I'm a teenager so even $20 a month is good for me, it's just extra pocket money.

fatema

Yes, you are definitely right. Some people are honestly millionaires from online jobs. It just takes a matter of time and dedication. I don't know why, but someday I feel like all the online jobbers will be millionaires. All the offline jobs will be out of business due to online jobs. If you want a job and have kids, online job is a perfect way to go. You can spend time with your kids, and earn money.

Yes, you are definitely right. Some people are honestly millionaires from online jobs. It just takes a matter of time and dedication. I don't know why, but someday I feel like all the online jobbers will be millionaires. All the offline jobs will be out of business due to online jobs. If you want a job and have kids, online job is a perfect way to go. You can spend time with your kids, and earn money.
In the near future, the prevalence of online jobs may happen although it will not totally eradicate the offline jobs which are here to stay whether we like it or not. The internet is one "wild world" that is too difficult to predict. When Google was new, nobody cared (in my circle) and no one even thought that Google will someday be the richest cyber company. That unpredictability of the internet is what makes it exciting. Remember Friendster? Now it's Facebook. What's next?

With online jobs, I think a lot of people don't take it seriously and treat it more like an hobby instead of a way of earning money.

While it's true that to be able to earn a decent amount it takes time and dedication, you can often work 8 hours a day for as little as $10, if you treat it as a job and not just something to do in your spare time then there is money to be made.

Online job cannot be taken as a regular income source because there is no guarantee about it. Those who we see today may vanish tomorrow. I think Online job is the best option for retired persons and housewives. Those who have a permanent job can just use it as a method to earn some additional income, but it is not advised to quit his regular job. The main advantage of online job is that we enjoy maximum freedom and flexibility.

That is absolutely right. The main challenge in online job is lack of stability. There is no guarantee that the income we earn today will be there forever. May be the site vanish all of a sudden without even giving a notice. But I think in offline job this does not happen usually. It is also very difficult and sometimes impossible to filter out the genuine online job opportunities.

In regular jobs at least we can physically get in touch with the employer and there are strict rules governing the offline jobs. We can have paid leaves in offline jobs which is nto available in online jobs. Another advantage is the statutory benefits and insurance coverage.

That is absolutely right. The main challenge in online job is lack of stability. There is no guarantee that the income we earn today will be there forever. May be the site vanish all of a sudden without even giving a notice. But I think in offline job this does not happen usually. It is also very difficult and sometimes impossible to filter out the genuine online job opportunities.

In regular jobs at least we can physically get in touch with the employer and there are strict rules governing the offline jobs. We can have paid leaves in offline jobs which is nto available in online jobs. Another advantage is the statutory benefits and insurance coverage.
Stability is one of the major downsides to working exclusively online and most jobs aren't guaranteed to pay day in and day out.

With a regular job you do get that peace of mind, even if the actual job your doing night not be what you actually want to do.

For me offline job is the main earning source for me. I always count online earning as part time or extra earning for me. For me online earning is quite slow always. May be I am not giving that much time or what. But yes for me online earning is quite slow and time consuming in compare to offline job.

You are right. Job security is most important than anything else, which we can get only through Offline job. It is something we can trust because it takes care of our future. As I mentioned, Online job is the best option for retired persons and housewives who can spend their free time on online activities to share their thoughts in the virtual world.

You are right. Job security is most important than anything else, which we can get only through Offline job. It is something we can trust because it takes care of our future. As I mentioned, Online job is the best option for retired persons and housewives who can spend their free time on online activities to share their thoughts in the virtual world.
You are right on that. It is more suitable for retired persons and housewives. It is good way to earn extra money on their extra time. Yes everybody can do it but it counts in slow earning way in compare to offline job. So better we count more on our offline regular job.

Top Bottom