• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Offline advertising to get traffic

I remember when we came out with a poster to advertise our website way back in 2004. We had the poster printed in some newspapers and even distribute a small version in flyers to organizations. From my assessment, we did good because the hits can speak for that. I just cannot say if that kind of promotion would be effective in this age of social media.

Yes that type of offline promotion brings some great traffic but even through Social media networking sites can be added as Advantage more for traffic.

cwvps

That was 9 years ago. I don't think that would be the situation today. Maybe only in some magazines specialized in the niche your site is too.

If you are a website of a big business or company, you can afford to advertise on newspaper, wall posters or bill boards. The result can be amazing. However, it is not possible to promote your website if it is personal website of medium/small size or a small website of a small business. I once wrote a newspaper article based on my online article and shared the link. I got good visitors. Therefore, I believe offline advertisements can bring traffic.

Adverts in newspapers and magazines, billboard posters and flyers, even radio and television advertising campaigns can all still increase the traffic to a website.

While I think the bulk of traffic might come from online promotion, if your offline advertising is aimed at the right market then it will still be worth investing in. Even in this day and age people still take notice of a well placed advert they see or hear and not everything as to be done online.

Offline advertisements in newspapers and magazines can attract a lot of visitors and increase traffic. I think magazine adverts still attract a lot of people who are not active in online.

jb23k

I thought about that before. It could be effective if you were selling something. People like convenience and bargains so this could work. I think that it's worth a try.

Top Bottom