• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Monetizing your blog

I want to know how people are monetizing their blog. Adsense is not giving me the results that I am looking for. I have tried to tryout for Taboola, however, I do not have enough visitors coming to my site. It is a health conscious recipe site. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!

Bilby

Over the years I have tried 10+ advertising systems. The only one that performed better than Adsense was directly sold ads to specific companies. The only one that came close as a general ad serving system was ProjectWonderful.

Unless your blog has over 5000 uniques a day it is probably better to focus on using Adsense and improving the blog itself. If it is over that amount the best service to use will depend on your niche.

I would say that the best thing you can do is make as many people aware of it as you can. There are places like Facebook and Twitter where you would be able to do this. If you join groups on Facebook then you could post in there and then I'm sure that people would come to your blog. You could make a Facebook page, that would be another way. I have heard other people say that has been able to bring people to their blog. I just think that it's all about promoting it as much as you can. It doesn't so much matter where. You never know where someone will be looking and then stumble onto your page.

I want to know how people are monetizing their blog. Adsense is not giving me the results that I am looking for. I have tried to tryout for Taboola, however, I do not have enough visitors coming to my site. It is a health conscious recipe site. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!
I have been with Adsense since the beginning of my blogs. Since my blog is a personal one and not really intended to earn, it is surprising to receive $100 every 2 years. Google even send those cheques via postal mail then. But lately, the expected earnings in January did not arrive because my blogs have no more updates. This gets me to think that what if I would do the regular updates again and promote my blog, perhaps it will get a higher revenue due to the higher hit count.

Thanks!
I have a site that I used to use for my
Tumblr blog. It's a great alternative for Google Adsense. If you have a big audience, you can definitely make money with them. They accept anyone who is active on their blog

I would say that the best thing you can do is make as many people aware of it as you can. There are places like Facebook and Twitter where you would be able to do this. If you join groups on Facebook then you could post in there and then I'm sure that people would come to your blog. You could make a Facebook page, that would be another way. I have heard other people say that has been able to bring people to their blog. I just think that it's all about promoting it as much as you can. It doesn't so much matter where. You never know where someone will be looking and then stumble onto your page.
From my viewpoint, I'd say that a blog requires not only a good article that is filled with relevant information but also relentless promotion. You never stop promoting your blog so it gets new audience and from that new audience you may get even a fraction that will regularly visit your blog. A group in Facebook is a good idea and maybe a page as well where you can post teasers to your current post in your blog. If you have a loyal following in Facebook then I don't see any problem in their patronizing your blog.

Thanks for the info. I do not know why I did not think to go to facebook group pages. I really need to start doing that. One thing that I am learning is that the name of the game is to piggyback off of an audience that is already built up.

I think the revenue largely depends on how we market it. Same is the case with YouTube videos. I have a channel which is not moving at all after some 6000 views and the reason is obvious. I haven't done anything for marketing my videos. Now I need to focus on that.

I think forum posting is the best option to market our links. If its about money making that would be your target audience and you can reap benefits of your signature. Signature advertising is gaining wide popularity nowadays.

jb23k

I know using social media to advertise your site could work. I would also use affiliate marketing, and advertise products. You could make post about things that relate to what you talk about on your blog and put links to products inside of your post. The main thing is getting traffic. You can advertise your blog on twitter or youtube.

I think you should concentrate on Social Media optimization and use advertisement and messages in social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc., which will certainly maximise the awareness of visitors about your site and will attract more traffic.

Top Bottom