• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is there a way to make my site invisible to certain countries?

For sure when it comes to SEO we want to have our site show up on search engines results so we can have as much traffic as much as we want but sometimes there are exceptions.

I wanted to know if there is a way to make my site/blog not show up in the search engine results to the users from my own country? I wanted to own a website about conspiracy theories and the paranormal and I have a feeling my family and friends will ridicule me if they found out I own a blog about aliens. I am a closeted UFO enthusiast and I dont want people who knows me to find out. Especially if I will have some videos on it of me talking.

For sure the traffic from my own country maybe awesome and profitable but I wanted to be anonymous online when it comes to my own country.

You can block traffic from certain countries easily using a plugin or a script. If you are using Wordpress for your site's platform, you can search on the internet. You will end up with a few plugins that will do this task for you easily. However, if you have another platform you can search for a corresponding plugin or custom script for your site. It will block traffic from coming to your site. What actually will happen is, whenever a person visits your site from a blocked country. The site will give an error that it's not available in your country.

I am not sure but yes using some scripts or other trick you can block other country viewers. But in that case also if someone from other country using proxy ip address using some app or other way then they can reach on the page easily. So I am not sure but I guess it is almost impossible to block them completely.

You can disallow certain search engines, like google.fr for example, from indexing your website. Never tried this though...
Also, maybe just tell your friends you don't really believe in aliens and you do it for the money.

Yes , there is option you can block all extension like Google.fr, Google.com.au through htaccessfile. By doing this your site is not open in your defined region.

Top Bottom